Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Merry BPD Christmas & a Happy BPD New year
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:52 am 

Hi guys...

I just wanted to wish you all merry Xmas e.t.c. and I hope you have lovely, joyous celebrations with your families/friends. It's hard to believe that another year has gone by. I think we should all feel a sense of accomplishment and pat ourselves on the back for having handled our disorders for another year, and survived. BPD is never easy but we're all dealing with it in our own ways and even though some days might be total catastrophes, other days we manage to kick it's ass and hold our heads up high.
So well done everyone, enjoy your holidays, and remember that you're strong, you're brave, and you can manage this disorder, it doesn't manage you.

Take care :)
love,
Yara

Post subject: Re: Merry BPD Christmas & a Happy BPD New year
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:38 am 

I had a good xmas with my roomie's family. It was good to actually not have yet another lonely xmas again. My family has disowned me, and I'm not allowed to spend xmas with them. Although, that didn't stop me from calling my Dad on xmas to tell him how much of a wonderful xmas I'm having with another family, who accepts me and loves me (like a family should). Just because they don't love me, it doesn't mean that others won't. It felt good to know that, and good to show them that they, and their negativity towards me, isn't going to bring me down like they want it to. I think it was the highlight of my xmas. I felt empowered, instead of defeated on xmas like usual.