Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Splat!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I feel as though my brain is going to essentially go SPLAT in the near-term. January is always a mega busy month where I work and it's unreal how much stuff is happening. Remembering to take a moment to breathe is nearly impossible. Hence why I'm posting. This gives me an opportunity to let out some of the tension so I can refocus on things that need to get done.

I was out of the office for 3 weeks in December. Went to the frozen tundra of the mid-west to visit family. It was a good visit and completely covered in snow. Not bad. I only nutted up on the 18th day of the trip and we left on the 19th day so I really did well. Probably helps that I didn't have to associate often with the few individuals who make me want to scream.

Since returning home last Tuesday things have gone completely insane. Changes within my team at work (good changes, but still changes); tons of travel stuff to manage; celebratory events to plan within three weeks; managing to find time for my husband and daughter; working through the death of a cousin who was the same age as my mother and realizing the mortality of my mom; figuring out what happens with particular family members in the event my mom does pass; dealing with the death of my husband's grandfather and now having to return to MN this weekend to attend the funeral; and trying to hire two new people to my team, performance plan another; deal with an offsite meeting; and finally, continuing my quest to lose more weight. (I'm down 27 lbs in the last 8 weeks thanks to the miracle of my doctor.)

I feel like there are a million things going on each and every day this past week and my partner in the office is also experiencing the same things (minus the deaths). It's just been an incredibly nutty time.

Okay, guess I have to do more work now. Thanks for reading.

/braindump

Post subject: Re: Splat!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:26 am 

Christ, and I thought I had it bad!

I know the usual bull people advise when I've been going through similar stuff - try to prioritise, make time for yourself, it'll get better yada yada yada.

I'm not going down that road - I'm just going to say - good luck, I hope you manage to get though the next few weeks intact and that when you do you can have a well earned glass of your favourite tipple, whatever that might be :thumbsup

Take care and keep plugging away!

Paul.

Post subject: Re: Splat!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:10 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Holy crikeys, that made MY brain go SPLAT!

For whatever it's worth, I feel your pain with the crazy schedule. This is my fourth (or is it fifth now?) weekend in a row in the office. No bloody wonder I don't feel like I've had any time off in months. No wonder I'm desperate for a vacation.

I'm sorry to hear about L's grandfather and your (or your mom's?) cousin. My condolences all the way around.

Can I get your doctor's number please? Whatever he's doing for you, I want him to do for me! (Totally serious, btw.)