Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Feeling better
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:53 pm 

I'm feeling better. My motto today and this week is "I'm doing the best that I can." I've been really practicing mindfulness and the 5 steps. I just appreciate the people on this board who are so honest with me.
Take care :-)

Post subject: Re: Feeling better
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:19 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Glad the steps and mindfulness are helping. I like your motto, too. I hope the feeling better has lasted into the weekend!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:21 pm 

do you change your "motto" frequently? why?

i simply ask because one tip i seem to come across frequently is to choose a "motto" and stick with it. something like "i'm doing the best that i can" is a motto...it's something you repeat on a presumably long-term or permanent basis. my preferred motto is "the past is something i cannot change".

this is different for me than a meditation, which can change everyday. it's simply a focal point for mindfulness practice. something like "with every step i take today, i will take it towards a more understanding me" can change tomorrow to "i am mindful of the feeling of my hands underwater, washing away negative feelings".

i wonder if it's more useful for those who use mottos or meditations to change both or either periodically, frequently, never?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:40 pm 

thanks to both of you! that's a really good idea, snowshine. i should just keep that one. i can especially use it at work!