Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pain
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:08 am 

Please tell me that this is normal. I feel so much pain lately so much sadness and i do not fully understand where it is all coming from. My heart hurts so much I feel like I am dying. Not that I want to kill or hurt myself just that I am not sure that I will live through this. I need to know that the beginning process of working through this and truly trying to get better hurts. I feel so awful. So incredibly sad. I feel like I am losing a piece of myself. Perhaps, that's okay because in losing myself maybe I am finding myself. (not sure if that makes sense). I think for so long that I have closed off my emotions and perhaps just went through the motions. Not really feeling anything except when I got frustrated the emotion that came out was anger. I'm not really sure what I'm sad about. It's like there are so many things I should have done. Perhaps, it would not hurt so much if I had just made myself deal with and go through this process when I was back in college (age 21). I'm not even sure if any of this makes sense.

Post subject: Re: Pain
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:41 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I do think its normal, especially if you've been keeping certain feelings or memories deeply under wraps for a long time. Plus you're just admitting that you have problems that really need confronting, when maybe you've been in some level of denial about it all, and you may be feeling a whole bunch of regret about the past and stuff that's happened and relationships gone bad, and it all just piles up until it spills over.

So be gentle with yourself right now. You're feeling raw, but it will get better.

Post subject: Re: Pain
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 am 

Sari wrote:
So be gentle with yourself right now. You're feeling raw, but it will get better.

This.

I know the feeling; in my case I cannot feel something and then it comes back and hits me later, harder than anyone who dealt with it as the event happened. My grandfather's death is a good example- I didn't cry until days later, and it HIT me a year later and everyone else was slowly healing.