Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Back for a refresher course...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 am 

I haven't been on the board for years (used to post under hrindlis--but couldn't retrieve my password), but every once and awhile I slip back into "BPD land" and decide to visit & catch up on posts. These last couple weeks have been challenging, and I decided to jump back on bored for awhile while I work through things. I typically try to get into a DBT group every 6 months or so but nothing is available right now...figure this is the next best thing!

I have been "recovered" by my therapist's definition for about four years now. We've just passed the eight year mark of ongoing services with the same therapist (plus a few months of not particularly helpful services prior to her). I recovered just in time for symptoms of other mental illnesses to crop up--either they were there before & just not noticable because of the BPD, or I just hit that fun age where everything develops (mid-20's) and things escalated from there. So I've been working through OCD and bipolar disorder...learning to utilize radical acceptance and realize some of the symptoms will probably never go away.

Post subject: Re: Back for a refresher course...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:09 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Welcome back, I think - I mean, we're always glad to see you here but it sure would be nice if things were going so fantastic that you didn't think you needed (wanted) to be here.