Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moved-Friends for support
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:38 pm 

I hope this doesn't come across as weird but I figured it would be worth a shot. To be blunt, I don't really have any friends. I prefer to be alone and to avoid being hurt, intentionally or not, by others, I just avoid people all together. However, I really need to expand my support contacts if possible. We all know that people who don't have BPD, just don't understand the people that do.

Basically, to keep it short, I'm just wondering if there is anyone else who may benefit from creating friendships for the sole purpose of being a supporter in moments of need. Sometimes all I need is to talk. I'm not looking for people to hang out with or to chat on the phone with, but maybe even just exchanging yahoo usernames or something so we can be there for each other when we need someone. If anyone can imagine or goes through this themselves, it's is absolutely awful and scary when I feel myself slipping into an episode and I have no one to go to. I realize I might sound desperate right now, but you know what, I am. I need people. I need people who understand, that I can go to. If anyone is open or interested, please let me know by responding to this post. I'll be checking it. Thanks again.

Post subject: Re: Moved-Friends for support
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:14 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Angel, I moved this post because Conversation Corner is dedicated to a time when 2 specific members have an issue they need to discuss one on one. This forum has usually the most traffic so you are more likely to get a response here.