Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jealousy and being possessive
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:38 am 

So... this is something a lot of us deal with I'm sure. The fear of abandonment and loneliness causes us to cling to people, but to also get extremely jealous and possessive. I for one have noticed myself behaving this way... trying to tell myself it's not my right to be possessive of this person... but the jealousy still impacts me a great deal. I would really like someone to weigh in on this issue... what are some techniques you can use to try to give that person you are attempting to possess the respect they deserve, the social life they deserve, and the freedom they deserve. How do I tell myself to not let this bother me?

Post subject: Re: Jealousy and being possessive
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:44 am 

I can totally relate because I become possessive. I do have a constant fear of being alone. But when I try to self help myself I will tell myself to be positive for instance. " I have no friends" is a thought of mine. Then I will counter agaist it to try to belive in the opposite by saying. " Of course I have friends! I don't have a whole blackbook full but I have enough to keep me happy. In the future I will make new freinds and they will be good for me." I procrastinate a lot and tend not to do practices which I should but I know for a fact it works. Repeat something positive you would like to happen. Or something you would like to change and say it 10 times in the morning and 10 times at night. Like " I have no reason to be possessive. My friend love me. Or your significant other you could say or whoever your having possesive feelings or jealousy over just state it how you would like. The only thing to this is YOU HAVE TO DO IT EVERYDAY or it won't come to be and you will have to start over. Do it for at least a couple months and you will see things will begin to change and work in your favor. Truly it is not that much work to banish negative thinking. You must say it out loud. I forgot to metion that. Or if you would rather write or type it 10 times you can do that instead. Keep track in a notebook each day so you know you have been doing it and for how long. I hope my advice helps!

Post subject: Re: Jealousy and being possessive
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 pm 

i want to say that i am making great strides with this i was so jeolous and possesive but now when i feel it coming on i think think think i trying to stop reacting to things i tell myself if they dont want me there is nothing i can do i come into this world alone and i will leave it alone im trying not to react to triggers would rather post on this site this site is amazing thankyou im learning so much