Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Does having a drug problem coincide with my BPD?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:28 am 

I have a drug problem. I am very careful to not call myself a 'Drug addict' because I can go for days, weeks without any drug usage. I do not with drawl phyiscally from any hard drug. Afterwards I may be bitchy but I am bitchy a lot so I can't find any difference in that area lol. I tend to use the most socially and when I am BORED! I know I need to make NEW freinds with people who don't use. Therefor I would use a lot less. I do all drugs I'm not too picky. I would really like to find some freinds that don't even really smoke weed which is rare where I live. Because weed makes me wanna use other stuff cuz I get sick of it. BTW I don't drink only because my body is intolerant to alcohol and I get very sick even from the tiniest bit. I guess this isn't too much of a question as it is asking what is YOUR opinion or advice?

Post subject: Re: Does having a drug problem coincide with my BPD?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:42 pm 

Lizthegirl,

From the information I've gathered, you don't have BPD. That is an emotional condition that doesn't seem to correlate with your drug problem. I think you are on borderline with being a drug addict because although you do go without drugs for days or weeks, you tend to show no restraint when you begin again. It's best to find new friends because it sounds like they are influencing your drug use. Consider finding activities that when you get the urge to start using this can help keep your mind off of it. For example, exercise can work for some people, others playing games or talking on the phone. Have you tried a support group or even treatment, should you take that route. Don't feel restrained with your problems, be proactive!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:20 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Jordan.s, none of us on the is board is qualified or able to make a diagnosis as to whether or not someone has BPD or any other disorder. Please refrain from giving anyone a diagnosis.

Lizthegirl, I understand where you are coming from. I can go forever without using or drinking and then binge. It can be to self-medicate if I'm feeling empty. It can be to self-harm. Something that has helped me is trying the five steps before I decide if I want to use. I haven't used in a very long time, although I'm still struggling with the occasional alcoholic binge.

Something else I've done is signed up for meetup.com. You can look for groups that meet in your area based on things you're interested in. I've been part of coffee clubs and book clubs. It's nice to be around others who are interacting in a healthy manner. Of course, there's drama anywhere, but I think it's worth giving it a shot. I've been lucky in the groups I've joined.

Trinity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:38 am 

Trinity (and Lizthegirl),

I didn't mean to make a diagnosis on this page, only to offer my insight. Sorry if I came off as offensive, I was only trying to help Lizthegirl in her struggles and give her my advice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:41 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Not offensive, jordan.s. It's just dangerous to state with certainty that she does/does not have bpd. Opinions are find. Diagnoses aren't. No harm, no foul! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:08 am 

Trinity,

Thank you for responding - I was a bit worried. Thanks for being a 'senior community leader' it's really great seeing what insights you have to offer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:56 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

:)