Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: always getting myself in trouble...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 pm 

so i always seem to be putting my foot in things and making a mess of everything. I sent this email to someone at uni saying something about someone else, it wasnt anything rude or anything but i said that this other person hadnt made any suggestions. They she went and forwarded the email to this person, and he replied saying he had made this suggestion and that sugestion, (and he sounded hacked off that id said he hadnt made suggestions). I never thought she would forward my email to him. Its not the first time its happened though, and I know i have to stop being impulsive with sending emails. I'm really worrying about this now, I just feel like i cant do anything right :(
i always seem to fall out with people and get into arguments with people, and I never used to be like this, its defo got worse in the last year and its affected my work now aswell. does anyone else find this? any ideas?

Post subject: Re: always getting myself in trouble...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:50 pm 

First off, the other person probably shouldn't have forwarded the email. That seems a little immature to me, but I don't know the whole story.

But, talking about other people negatively is just a bad practice to be in for a thousand different reasons. One being, it can come back and bite you in the butt like this. Maybe explain what you meant by the email to the person and say you didn't mean for it to offend them, and try to make it a personal goal to only speak kindly of others?

Post subject: Re: always getting myself in trouble...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:08 pm 

I think she was only trying to help but dropped me in it.
I didnt mean to be negative.
he never said he was offended or anything but i just get that impression. arhghgh.