Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:36 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I apologize for posting so early on and then not chiming in at all over the subsequent pages. 3D life got away from me.

Denim,

You mentioned a duality that troubles you. You want to be here as much as you don't want to be here. You want the support without the trouble from certain quarters. I get that. I get that because I too feel a duality in this case.

On the one hand, I applaud your focus on solving the problem rather than treating the symptoms. On the other hand, I am very troubled by the fact that your goal is to hide the core problem. I don't really understand how hiding the problem will aid in solving that very problem.

Overall, within the confines of this thread, I tend to agree with Calista's perception - that a few folks have taken things personally and, as you know, that's not for you to own. Take what you need and discard the rest. If you don't need the projections and assumptions, you're free to disregard them.

How are things going otherwise? Your husband's health? Your book selling business? Your daughters? All good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:52 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Location: Reality ~ It's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!
If I am repeating myself here, it certainly is not to my benefit. I may just need to back out of the discussion at this point.

Ash, in answer to your questions, things are going fine in 3D.

My husband is taking enough meds for both of us but he seems to be doing better most of the time. He was diagnosed with diabetes and that may have been part of his sleeping so much as opposed to his being depressed. He was demoted so he is working the swing shift again, after working up to daytime supervisor, but he will hopefully get back into a supervisor day shift soon.

My books selling has slumped off since I was away all summer and did not have time for books - I get out of it what I put into it. I have boxes of books I need to unpack and list so sales will pick up as I increase my inventory again. I have discovered book swapping and my hope is to find books I want to read that way instead of selling and then buying books. I am not really making money as a bookseller since it all goes right back into buying more books!

My daughters are doing well in general and I am very proud of them. My younger daughter is in 2nd grade but she is in a 2nd/3rd grade split class so she is already doing 3rd grade work this year. She is going to be tested for the highly capable program and I think she will qualify since she is reading books at a 5th/6th grade reading level. My older daughter is out of school right now, as a result of our move, but she has an interview for a school program on Tuesday (she has been on the waiting list to get in) so she should be able to start that soon. She will be doing high school from home on the computer, checking in once a week, so I will basically be homeschooling her since the learning modality is not the best for her dyslexia. At least the flexible schedule will give her some flexibility in her work schedule since she also had to quit her job to find a new job here. She will be 17 this month so she is trying to set some long-term goals for herself at this stage in her life.

I am going to start a conversation with you in CC because there are some things you said that I would like to explore further but at this point I would like to ask that this thread be locked because it is not likely to be productive beyond this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:08 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Calista,

Didn't mean to take it personally. I read your post, and then saw some things in it that I thought applied to me. I suppose I felt the need to explain why I had like 8 posts in this thread lol. My last sentence was too personal, since I didn't clarify that you were speaking to me.

:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:18 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Calista,

I also agree with your thoughts, and I understand that the way you were using the word "passion" was different than the way I interpreted it. I suppose I was expressing my thoughts from my pov based on the fact that I did apply some of your thoughts to my posts... it just kindof came out as being disagreeable, and I didn't mean to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:31 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Location: Reality ~ It's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!
Calista, if you have the ability to lock the thread, now that this other stuff has been hashed out, could you please do so now? I'd like it to drop off out of sight since I feel rather "done" with it at this point.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4