Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coming Here
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:14 pm 

I haven't been here for a while. I have been busy in my 3D life with other issues; some more stressful for me than others.

And while I've been doing okay, I've resorted to some old behaviors. Which is one of the reasons I'm here today.

Specifically, I got into the mind set that on a particular issue, I was "right". I sent e-mail after e-mail to this person trying to get them to see things "my" way. No, it hit me after it all backfired that I was not only NOT being effective, I was resorting to an old behavior. I was creating a lot of drama.

Sigh.

I've gotten attached to many on here and wonder what y'all have been up to. :halo

It seems like every time I come here from being away for a while, I learn something new. Something important. I might not post anything, but I read and read. And I have a couple of "V-8" moments, ya know?

Coming back here "grounds" me, if that makes sense.

Thank you, BPDR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:26 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Welcome back! We're always glad to have you around, no matter the reason or length of away-time.

I think Marga posted a wallet card somewhere nearby that you can print off & fold up for easy transport & quick reminders. Dunno if that sort of thing appeals to you ... just thought I'd share.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:36 pm 

Hey, girl.

Been wondering and worrying about you. Hoping you are making it through all that drama and strain with the fam and your dad. Isn't it odd how we can be cruising along, thinking all is well, and suddenly take a flying leap back to the not so good old days in our behavior choices?

Hope you will find some reassurance and comfort here.

b.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:24 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

((GH))

Post subject: ....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:44 pm 
Retired SCL
Retired SCL

:yellowave

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:46 am 

Ash wrote:

Quote:
I think Marga posted a wallet card somewhere nearby that you can print off & fold up for easy transport & quick reminders. Dunno if that sort of thing appeals to you ... just thought I'd share.

hehehe...I actually made my own and laminated them. When I travel back to Utah to visit with my Dad and other family, I take my "Distress Tolerance" hand out as well as the "Willing" and "Willfulness". Yes, it does help.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

It feels so darn good to have a on going relationship with many of my family members...

BUT...

it is so damned hard to not slip right back into that familiar role, behavior patterns, twisted thinking and the old family values and beliefs.

This is a good experience for me and will help to cement some things I've learned. Yeah, I will slip and fall a few (or more) times, but each time, I'll just pick myself back up and keep right on learning and doing.

Honestly, in one of my Sister's that I am close with, I see the "control" issues. It helps me to understand and I can learn some things about myself.

The home front is good - all moved in. Love the neighborhood and the neighbors. All the "babies" are happy here. In fact, one kitty is completely different - he comes out and is very lovey. Amazing what a change of environment can do.