Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do i tell my tutor?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:49 pm 

Hi,
I've been told by a tutor at uni that if i don't get an extension for my dissertation i'm going to fail it cuz i haven't done enough work...
But i don't know how to tell my dissertation tutor the reasons i haven't done any work.
Anyway, the reasons are pretty much that i haven't had any time cuz the paractical work ive been doing took up soooo much of my time. It was really, really stressful and now im a big insomniac again. Also, cuz of the thing that happened over xmas (i wrote about it on here in seasons passes. its the 'last night' thread)
I emailed the tutor asking to see her and said i dont think i'll finish on time. she emailed back saying not to panic and she cant see me before weds which is too late so can i email her any problems? so err what do i say?!
I don't really have any friends i can talk to and ask what they think in RL.
...although, i know one person that would help but umm i dont know if it would be weird or not asking him cuz well, i got with him over the summer and now hes back at uni and probably wont care about some girl he just 'got with'. but he knows the person from the party cuz we were on holiday together and the only of my friends that does know about it is one of his best friends. but agh, im just going to shut up haha i dont know what im on about now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:17 pm 

((GBV))

How about the truth hon? Could you do that by email. No details just facts?

How are you doing with all this, did you think any more on finding a counselor to speak to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:10 pm 

Hi Bogit!!
You're right, i just don't know how to phrase it in the email...
I haven't had time to find a councilor or anything. I've had sooooooo much work it has been insane!!! i've been going to bed at about 6am and stuff! sorry its taken me a while to reply... ive kinda lost track of days and stuff...