Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:37 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Jody doesn't even do what Denim was talking about, seems to me. (Not capitalizing "I" and not using any capitals are two different things.) And I don't think it's cool to go pubically speculating on someone else's motivation. You all are talking about Denim instead of to her. If you question her motivation, talk to her direct instead of posting publically in a thread she's probably not reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:45 pm 

I apologize for talking directly about people on here instead of talking to them. And for specifically naming names.

We truly cannot know another's motives unless we ask them directly. I still have my own perception, however.

I just noticed that the two who shall remain unnamed both joined on the same day of the same year! :shock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:57 pm 

GuardedHeart wrote:
I just noticed that the two who shall remain unnamed both joined on the same day of the same year!

Yep - that's the date that this board was set up (as opposed to its previous incarnations on ezboard, phpbb, etc). So it's not as much of a coincidence as it looks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:29 pm 

Oh, yeah, now I see. (Feeling a little foolish... :shysmile )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:25 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

april15 wrote:
I think...the true motives behind the question went over most people's heads. I see the post as a valid question, inquiry, with a hidden agenda behind it. While someone could legitimately post such an inquiry about this topic with no hidden agenda...I see it as more of an opportunity to express contempt for a writing style...

So...are you saying that a question expressed about the use of a certain typography in the context of BDSM culture was really an underhanded, well planned attack? So well planned, in fact, that the supposed "target" of this attack saw no slight or insult or any interpretation other than the words as posted?

I've read the thread over, and I see not ONE response that suggests anyone thought it to be anything other than an actual question. I found the responses to be mostly civil and enjoyable. Your own response shows no indication of anything out of the ordinary. If there was an attack underway, why did you not say anything right then and there?

Mind-reading is one of that twisted ways of thinking. Any chance you've got some of that going on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:39 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

How about people start focusing on their own stuff? Their own problems? Their own recovery? There are too many fingers being pointed at too many people, and I think we're ALL being distracted by a handful of people. The drama would calm down if people stop feeding into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:34 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

:ditto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:53 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

And being that this thread has gone on for four pages and has gone horribly off track, I will lock it now. Please email me or PM me with any concerns regarding the locking of this thread.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4