Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: feel of grief when I wake up
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:20 pm 

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this or know why it happens and what I can do about it. When I wake up in the morning as soon as my eyes are open. I may not even be fully awake but I instantly getting this deep pitted pain like anxety attack in my chest and I just feel like crying and it dont go away until the clonopin kicks in. It almosts feels to me like when someone dies and the grieving pain you feel the loss is how it kinda feels. I dont know what makes me feel like this when I wake up and I cant controle the emotions and feelings. I hate waking up cause I dread knowing im gonna get this feeling of intense sadness.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:17 pm 
Retired SCL
Retired SCL

Hello Returning and Welcome to BPDR!

I time when I take my anti-depressant, (I take it at 8:00 P.M.), so that I won't wake up that depressed, (if depression is what it is).

I couldn't tell for sure if you might be talking about grief in terms of a recent loss or morning (heinous) depression in general, so in this reply I am assuming the latter.

With grief over a loss, (i.e. death of a loved one or other kinds of significant loss), I have not experienced that the med time adjustment does the trick. In the 'grief after loss' catagory, it seems to be, (at least in my experience), that only time will tame that beast.

Is this something that you might be able to talk over with your pdoc?

Best regards,

Candle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:55 am 

Returning.........if you find the solution, please let me know. This is something I'm working on w/my T.....I wake up and bam, my gut is in a knot. Still don't have answers why it's happening or what to do to stop it.

Post subject: ty
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:06 am 

Im gonna talk to the doc today to see if he understands what im feeling when I wake up and maybe do a med change.
what really fustrated me today is that people dont get why u cry for no reason. Like my boyfriend is really busy and I tottaly understand he is busy and has a hard time geting free time for us to spend together and I told him I understood and knew he was trying his hardest, but he dont understand why im crying cause i miss him and want to see him. He thinks that me understanding the situation should make it that im not sad and crying cause I miss him.