Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Somebody Please
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:23 pm 

cyber slap me!! Warning having a hard time staying in reality so I'll type fast. I have a big dependency on my T. I know this isn't healthy so I've made a no contact pact with myself. She emailed me on Tuesday and I haven't emailed her back. The problem is I am losing it mentally. At times I've been told that I act like a child and want to play with toys and I think now is 45 years ago. I want the dependency broken but I don't want to lose my sanity in the process. So how do I keep my word to myself of no contact without going over the edge? Winning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:01 pm 

Do you mean no contact between sessions?

How is your T helping you with this?

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:09 pm 
Retired SCL
Retired SCL

Hello Winning and Welcome to BPDR! :))

To get more info./read other threads on this very subject, you may want to visit, on this Board, another forum called 'The Couch.'

I assure you, you are not alone in the struggle with this issue.

Best regards,

Candle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:38 pm 

Hello, Winning.

Thankfully I'm not one who suffers T attachment. I can only sense the pain from a distance. As Candle wrote, you can find a LOT of thinking and writing about it here.

I'd like to suggest another avenue of thinking for you.

Quote:
I have a big dependency on my T. I know this isn't healthy so I've made a no contact pact with myself. She emailed me on Tuesday and I haven't emailed her back

I've been told that I act like a child and want to play with toys and I think now is 45 years ago. I want the dependency broken but I don't want to lose my sanity in the process. So how do I keep my word to myself of no contact without going over the edge?

So your thinking was that since you have not been able to work with your T without these unhealthy attachment problems that the way to eliminate those problems is to avoid contact?

I would encourage you to test your thinking on this issue.. the thoughts above, and any other among the most powerful thoughts you have on the matter... put them in writing and then test them.. in writing.. against all the thinking you find in "The Ten Forms of Twisted Thinking" at the link to the left. Take some time with this and stretch to apply the twisties or parts of them even when they don't feel good. When you've done that, you can take all that work and compare it to what you find in "Ten Ways to Untwist Your Thinking" also in the tools section.

I would hope that you might find one or two alternative ways of considering this problem so that you can think of ways to use that important resource that gives you the health benefits without the undesirable side effects. It's largely a matter of what you choose to do with your thoughts, IMO. I suspect you may be able to think of some choices that are more effective than abstinence under the circumstances.