Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leaving my Psychiatrist
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:49 pm 

I've had it with my psychiatrist and have decided to go back to my family doctor to deal with my medications. That is the only reason I see this pyschiatrist. We clash on a lot of topics and it seems like when I'm trying to make the right choices they are not right in her eyes. My last apt. with her I wanted to be off all of my medications by Christmas. She told me that she had hoped that I had come to her with other goals in mind, like getting a job, volunteering or going back to school. I've applied for jobs and continue to apply for jobs and continue to look for places to volunteer at (but mostly I'm concentrating on getting a job). Recently (before my apt. with her I found an online school that I could do some upgrading and get my grade 12 chemistry). My goal is to take the Nursing program at the College where I live, but that's the only thing standing in my way. I guess the bottom line is we just don't get along and that's fine, I would rather see my family doctor. He has known me since I was a little girl.

Kirsten

Post subject: Re: Leaving my Psychiatrist
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 am 

calista315 wrote:
Why do you want to be off all meds by X-mas?

I don't want to rely on medications anymore. And I had hoped that by slowly tappering off of my medications, it wouldn't cause to many unwanted side affects. Not that this really matters, since I won't be seeing my Psychiatrist anymore, she was always telling me the medications don't help. I also find that a lot of my problems are not related to my mental illness, but to the stressers of life and at some point I have to learn to handle this on my own without having to take a pill.

Kirsten