Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: painfully lonely
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:19 am 

Im not very good at writing on these things coz i tend to come on here when im in a complete state and feel like theres nothing or, more accurately, no one to turn to, but i'll give it a go anyway despite being so exhausted from crying constantly for about 4 hours now...

Im in a really strange place aright now. Im at my wits end andam feeling so lonely its like a physical pain. Even though i know the way im thinking right now probably isnt accurate i cant seem to catch hold of any possible alternative feelings. All i want is for this hurt to stop. In my head, to get this hurt to stop i need someone. Specifically i want that special someone as im sure a lot of you will understand but i at least want to be able to talk to a friend and get some kind of support that isnt professional and distanced. However, the one person i trust to go to i risk becoming too attached to. We go too close before, he wasnt interested and its taken me every ounce of strength to keep that relationship a normal friendship without destroying everything because i really care about him.

So im sitting here knowing that the only way to get me out of this isnt an option which makes me feel kinda lost and out of control.

Anyone out there got any tips for me coz im at a dead end?

Post subject: Re: painfully lonely
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:23 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Hi redhead! Can you share more of what you're feeling? Did something specific happen to cause you to feel this way? Sometimes we do have people in our lives, but just can't talk to them. I find that by having a therapist, I have someone I can count on who is impartial and I know they won't get overwhelmed by what I say. I have tried in the past to turn to friends with my overwhelming feelings, but it doesn't work out. I scare them and then they in turn get angry. That's why I love having a therapist. I also share what I'm feeling here. People do understand. As I said, perhaps you can be a bit more specific in what you're feeling and why.

Also, have you looked at the Tools on the left side? They can help you sort out your feelings too!

Even though I am married and have lots of friends, I have felt alone at times. Believe me, you're not alone with this! We've all been there at one point or another.

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject: Re: painfully lonely
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:09 am 

yoo hoo, redhead - where arrre you...?