Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cyber bullying/girl killed herself
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:33 am 
Community Member
Community Member

have you all seen the case on tv about this? a mom did this but seems there is no law concerning it yet. she called this poor kid names and such, and the girl ended up killing herself.

now yes, she had issues before this. and yes, it was her choice to do it.

BUT. this is where the line comes in on our behavior vs another allowing it.

how often have i heard "the world would be better off without you". how do they know? why would they say that to another? oh, i know what the shrinks say about it.

watch what words you say, you never know how it may hurt another. i know how much it hurts me. i know its one of my huge things i work on. huge. constantly, almost. and i get endlessly tired of someone thinking they have the right to tell another mean things. they dont know shit! yet it hurts. it hits our own doubts and issues squarely on.

please think before you post or speak to anyone like this. no one has that right.

i hope that grown woman is seeing this now. in her mirror. she hurt that kid and some of what she told her was appalling. i hope she knows now what she did. somehow i doubt it. anyone capable of being so hurtful wont usually hear their own words.

Post subject: Re: cyber bullying/girl killed herself
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:42 pm 

I remember seeing that. The girl suffered with a case of depression and it was over myspace I think. I feel so sorry for the girl's parents who are suffering. This should have never happened. I know how it is to be cyber bullied. A girl who pretended to be my lifelong friend posted things about me being suicidal and her calling the cops for me and posting my address and my name. There was nothing that could be done. I quit talking to her and told her that she was not a true friend or she would not have done that.

Post subject: Re: cyber bullying/girl killed herself
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:04 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

no, she wasnt much of a friend.

i have had it happen to me, probably most have.

something about the net, the not face to face aspect, seems to bring out the worst in someone capable of doing that.

it is just so sad...yes, it was myspace..and some others girls mom who did it and encouraged her own daughter to do it.

im glad you stood up for yourself to her:)