Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I needed some time away
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:44 am 

Hi. Well I can see that everyone has been busy posting! I will have to take my time and stuff but I will read through them. I want to see how everyone is doing.

For me, I really believe I have severe PMS or PMDD and my doctors are finally seeing it. So last week I was not in a space where I could do anything. And it caused another interpersonal relationship problem but I think its worked out now.

It also has prompted me and my husband to stop and think about getting pregnant. Am I going to be able to handle these ups and downs the intense PMS symptoms and physical pain that is excruciating? After talking to my T, i realized that I DO want to push through these symptoms because being a mom is more to me than i ever imagined.

so now the doctor treating me with fertility medicine, wants to have a letter from my providers, especially from my therapist and psychiatrist, stating that they support me in my decision to pursue a pregnancy and stuff. so I am trying to conceive sooner rather than later!

I am working on reading some books and stuff. Found a book on Bipolar and pregnancy even though I don't have bipolar. It just had some good info on how to use skills and stuff and being off medications during preconception through post partum.

i am excited but also scared at the same time. I like to educate myself on stuff so if anyone knows of books or articles that would be good to read, please let me know.

so that's all i have been up to. hope to hear from you guys soon. Have a great Tuesday!

Roo

Post subject: Re: I needed some time away
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:53 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Glad that you're back Roo. I'm sorry you were suffering with PMS. I used to have PMS and I hated it! I would get so hungry I could eat the wallpaper! I also used to get angry and mean towards my H. I don't know how much of that was BPD (undiagnosed at the time) or PMS, but it was nasty. Have they given you any medication to help with the symptoms?

Good luck with getting pregnant. I hope things work out well for you!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject: Re: I needed some time away
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:53 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

(((Roo)))!!!