Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PMDD or PMS
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:45 pm 

I am wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with either Severe PMS or PMDD. My gyn, psychiatrist, T, and reproductive endocrinologist, all feel I have PMDD.

I am about to enter into 'that week' and for the past several months, it leads to me feeling suicidal and so out of sorts. I end up messing up relationships and everything, especially with my T. Everything gets off track and super intense for about a week and then it suddenly disappears.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas/thoughts/suggestions on what I might be able to do, to help me this month so that I don't get emotionally out of control and my BPD symptoms lead me to cause harm emotionally and/or physically again this month.

It seems that during that week, the usual skills and stuff are 'lost'. Its like i can't access them no matter how hard I try. My T just moved and tomorrow is the first day at the new office so I already am going into this week with heightened anxiety. any suggestions or even support is greatly appreciated :O)

Roo

Post subject: Re: PMDD or PMS
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:05 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

are you on any meds?

pmdd for sure.......hormones.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:12 pm 

Hi there Jody! yeah I am on meds....

cymbalta, buspar, and abilify. I am trying to get pregnant though so they wont' add or increase anything until I see the maternal-fetal medicine doctor for genetics counseling in about 3 weeks.

I have said for more than a year I think I have PMDD but because I wasn't getting periods, they said they could not officially diagnose it. now they can. I am on progesterone occassionally to get my periods but in April, the pain and emotional stuff was so bad, they put the shots on hold til July.

I am scared to go into the PMS week........oh i hate it. i isolate so bad. I even binged on junk food and that triggered diabetes and stomach issues which just is a vicious cycle.

any thoughts on some stuff to do to help alleviate the emotional distress?

Roo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:24 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

i dont know if i have anything useful. just tend to you. do for you. be kind to you. avoid anything that may trigger you worse. maybe dont fight against it so much, accept your feeling like shit. doesnt mean act on it..lol...but accept it. "i feel like shit". " it isnt permanent".

trying to have a baby? well, that lets out yaz or such which prevents you ovulating. ovulating is the culprit. it releases all those hormones and sets in motion all the other hormones.

i would say no shots unless you have to. have they tested you for polycystic ovary disease? it sounds like it could be a option dx. those shots freak out women who dont have pmdd.

i can see how it would freak you out. bless your heart.

come here and post, maybe the support will help? be kind to you. ok, you binge. then binge.

wanna take this day by day?

((roo))

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:02 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

I don't know how useful this is when you get it for a week, but I throw it out there. For me, on that day when the PMS mood stuff is there (no official diagnosis in my case), awareness has been the biggest help. Just knowing that PMS is making emotional stuff harder to deal with makes it easier. Like, it helps me realize that whatever it is I'm thinking about isn't as big an issue as it feels like.

Not the whole answer, I think, but perhaps a helpful part of the answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:41 pm 

Thank you for posting! I am learning more about it actually. i think what's hard is when others around me constantly say "you don't seem right. are you ok? what's wrong with you?"

Jody you are so smart! I have (ready for this? LOL) Poly cystic ovary, I only have one ovary now anyway so that poor thing gets hit hard LOL. and i have endometriosis, and now they have added the PMS/PMDD, and something called hypothalamic amenorrhea, and anovulation! jeesh! what a nightmare! toss in my mental health stuff and diabetes and I feel like a train wreck for about half the month.

I don't mean to complain. If I can just get through and endure until they help me get pregnant, I will be all set for 9 months LOL. that's the plan anyway. I think they are going to let me stay on buspar even after I get pregnant.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:53 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

naw, not smart. but thanks anyways!

i think ellen is right on her point, of course she said it better than me,,lol. awareness is so important. somehow when we can feel and say "i feel like shit" it takes the sting out of it (for me anyways). have you tried that? "i am totally stressing out".

im not sure why, but just feeling and accepting our feelings seems to make them a bit less intense. a bit more...easier to handle? fighting seems to make them worse, as if they are determined to be felt and by God, they will make sure we feel em.

i wish you so much luck on the baby thing. i have a 2 yr old grandkid you can babysit any time! lol. my daughter has endometriosis and had laser surgery on it. like you, one ovary was eaten up with it. they told her her chances of ever having another kid was slim to none. 3 months later she was pregnant..hullo. now she is neutered or at least tied off.

i would be tempted to say im homicidal today, that is whats wrong with me but someone might not have a sense of humor for that one.

hang in Roo. train wreck..bless your heart. i bet indeed it feels like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:41 pm 

I've had severe PMS since I had my tubes ties 8 years ago (This op mucks up ones hormones) and for a period of time I trialled 1000mg Evening Primrose Oil & 100mg B6. It helped a lot. I stopped it (wishful thinking that I might have gotten over it) and the PMS returned. I've just started back up on the EPO & B6 a few weeks ago. These are non-prescription supplements that I am pretty sure are safe to use whilst trying to conceive. Good luck!