Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Pdoc Appointment
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:40 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

I saw my pdoc today. We talked mainly about physical problems rather than mental health. Besides being a pdoc, he's also a pain doctor. I told him about the constant headaches I've been having. He said it could be from the combination of medications I'm taking. He said that if the headaches don't go away in 2 weeks he'll send me for an MRI. I'm not used to having headaches every day.

He also asked me how my sleep is. I told him terrible. He prescribed something for me called Focalin. I never heard of it. He said to take it as soon as I get up in the morning. I hope it doesn't make me antsy. Has anyone ever heard of it? He also told me to take the Trazedone about 9:00 at night. I told him that when I take it, I wake up exhausted the next day, soooo tired. So he said to take it earlier. I took it last night and had to take 2 naps today! I only take Trazedone every other night, so I'll take it tomorrow night.

He also got me an appointment with the Nurse who deals with pain issues in the office. I have an appt. tomorrow. My wrist, which I had gotten a shot in, still hurts. It hurts worse than it did before the shot. I dont' see the Pain Doctor for another 2 weeks, so he wanted me to see the nurse so I wouldn't have to suffer for any longer.

All in all it was a good appointment. I have to see his Physician's Assistant in 2 weeks to let her know how the Focalin is working. He's really a nice pdoc and listens to me. That's nice. I'm lucky!

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject: Re: My Pdoc Appointment
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:25 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I've never taken Focalin, but I'm pretty sure it's an adhd med. I hope it helps!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:30 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Thanks Trinity! I hope so. I don't want to get all hyper. That's the last thing I need. I'm feeling pretty crummy now anyway - I think I'm getting depressed again. I don't need that either.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:09 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you take a smaller dose of Trazodone? I use it for occasional insomnia and I cut the pill in half. I still get a bit of a med hangover the next morning, but I can shake it by 9 am. If I take a full pill, I'm useless most of the next day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:21 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Thanks Jim. I will consider that. My pdoc advised me to take it at 9 p.m. so I wouldn't feel that hangover. If that doesn't work I will try to cut the pill in half. Right now my sleep isn't so good - you can see - it's 2 a.m. I got to sleep at midnight and I only got 2 hours sleep so far. I can only take the Trazedone every other night and this is not the night I took it. I'll have to try to get back to sleep in a few minutes. Thanks for the advice! I'll let you know how it goes!!!!