Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Radically Accept
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:25 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

I Radically Accept that I have Fibromyalgia.

I Radically Accept that the pain is here.

I Radically Accept that I get very fatigued and soooo tired.

I Radically Accept that my body won't allow me to do everything I want to do.

I Radically Accept that I need to rest often.

......I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind..... (Bob Dylan)

Post subject: Re: I Radically Accept
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:17 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

{{{Bordergirl}}} I can't only imagine how tough that is on you. I hope radical acceptance can help deal with the pain.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:03 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Thanks Trinity. I had signed on to a Pilates class. I thought the stretching would help me. It was fine in the beginning, but it's getting more difficult now - the exercises are harder to do. So I am now in a flare and it's not getting any better. My T is also a Pain Psychologist. I called him last night and left a message, telling him we need to talk about this. I can hardly walk right now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:13 am 

Ya know what BG. I don't have fibro but I do have CFS and my first step into dealing with it and taking those steps to deal with it, was radically accepting what it did, how it felt, and how many issues it caused me.

Having radically accepted it, it didn't feel so big and so heavy and somehow through this I discovered I could deal with it.

Healing starts from within and RA is definately the place to start. Stop fighting and learn to extend slowly by accepting the limits imposed on yourself. Its not a war, nor a batte, it just is! So how are you gonna learn to live with it and not in opposition to it? Stop pushing! I think it's hard to learn to face physical illness this way when life has been about facing bpd head on. It's not in surmountable though BG, listen to your body, look for signals, trust how you feel.

It makes such a big difference to deal with it this way imo!

Tracy formerly known as bogit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:21 am 

Something else I discovered BG I thought I would share. Have you any idea untwisting your thinking your thinking is for this having accepted where you are?

I shoulds = become I..... can do this...no matter what joe blogs down the road does..

I can't = becomes I do xyz because my body doesnt allow me to. etc...

I will not proclaim to be an expert on fibro (there are some cross overs with CFS) but I do know CBT changes the way I see myself, whilst dealing with a debilitating illness. For sure it is debilitating, I dont know others always realise just how much!

Tracy formerly known as bogit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:45 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Thanks Tracy. I radically accept I have fibro. It's when I'm in a flare that I feel bad. But I don't expect to be able to do all the things I used to be able to - I do accept that. I am giving myself permission to rest and not push myself. I think the thing that is so weird is that this is an illness that no one can see. I not only have Fibromyalgia, but Narcolepsy. I am now on disability because of it. But people don't "see" my illness. So they don't think it's a big deal. So when I do cut back, they don't understand. But I don't let that stop me. I just do what I have to do. This morning I pulled out the exercises I got from the physical therapist last year. I got down on the floor and did them. I think it made a difference. I'm going to do them every day now. Hopefully that'll help my hip clear up. It still hurts but not as bad as it did last night. As I said, when I'm not in a flare I don't think about it. But when I'm in a flare, it's like it started all over again. And I have to work hard to get out of the flare - exercises, rest, hot baths. All that stuff. But I gotta do what I gotta do. Thanks!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:17 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bordergirl, I really feel for you with this one. I have chronic pain myself that can't bee seen with the naked eye. No one understands when you have to slow down. I'm proud of you for putting your health first. I really do wish you well with this. I know the flares can't be easy. I'm told the excercizes help, though, so I'm glad to hear your doing them.

I gues I just wanted to be a cheerleader here. I don't really have anything to add, but I thought you could use all the support we could give!
I'll be thinking about you, wishing good thoughts. :D

Harmonium

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:08 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Thanks Harmonium. I did the exercises yesterday and feel a bit better today. The horrible pain is gone. I still have some stiffness, but not like what it was the past 2 days. And today I got on the elliptical machine. That always helps stretch my muscles. I just have to keep on doing this.