Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: radical acceptance- a good thing Martha.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:32 pm 

just reading about radical acceptance helped me today- so i copied and pasted and shrank it then printed out some stuff that i can keep in my wallet for reference.

my life has gone to heck in a handbasket in the last 3 days- and my perceptions were causing me to occilate betwen panic,despair,and deep depression.

however, i found comfort in the acceptance of the whole handbasket- and in just letting go- ala the serenity prayer (i'm a dual diagnosis girl-Whee, so i talk that AA talk too, and use those tools as well). anyway, i am Really grateful for this site, and the help i find here- and the help i maybe even give from time to time.
so, thanks.

Post subject: Re: radical acceptance- a good thing Martha.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:13 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Girl, I've gotta say that the thing I liked best about your post was your signature - that you're aware of the unhealthy connotations of the user name you've chosen and that you're consciously working toward reaching a place when you'll feel comfortable in a more healthy, happy user name. Please know that it only adds to the happiness I feel for your actual post - that you're aware of the futility of railing against the unfairness life is throwing your way right now and that accepting "it is what it is" can be your best or easiest way through this troubling time. It sounds to me like you've got your head in a good place (even if it's not always there or your life isn't in that good place with you all the time) and that tells me that you'll most certainly be able to overcome the challenges and hurdles you'll face during your road to recovery. You WILL make it through this, I have absolute faith in you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:51 pm 

thanks Ash- i appreciate the faith and support. i actually tried to change my username, Because i realized it was a negative validation, but i couldn't figure it out- maybe i'll try again. the day i signed up i was Really sad- but that does not define me- none of this defines me. i am me, a complex yet completely lovable and capable Human, doing my best to do my best.

in gratitude, becoming me girl :-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:07 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

This might help - http://board.bpdrecovery.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10426

Or whenever you're ready to change the name, just send an email to board@bpdrecovery.com with the old/current name & requested new name that you want to use.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:52 pm 

Hey HappyHealingGirl.

I'm really glad for you that you were able to grab hold of the idea of raddical acceptance. And you are right, the serenity prayer sums it up really well.

Its liberating