Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More to accept
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:35 am 

It’s been quite some time since I’ve posted at this site and while I think I’ve made good progress towards my enlightenment, yet I also realize there is still much for me to learn.

I’m still struggling getting past the failed relationship that forced me to take a hard look at myself and work towards positive changes in my life. While I’ve fought to look for healthy ways to accept the past and move forward with my life, (I questioned many times weather reflection was the wisest course for me to take), I can also see this process needs to continue until I understand what I need to know about myself to grow into who I want to be.

I’ve realized though reflection of the distance past and a review of my recent relationship and interactions with people that I lie as easy as most people breathe. Weather this is due to my unstable self image, (which seems to be getting better) or just my unwillingness to be honest about who I am and the issues I face, I’ve yet to understand. But it’s helped me understand the issues I’ve had with relationships with my unwillingness to risk my feelings or possible rejection by being honest. It makes me sad to see this seemingly simple truth as a root of so much pain. But as with most of the issues that confront me – acceptance and forgiveness are the tools to learning and growing yourself.

Post subject: Re: More to accept
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:28 pm 

Anchorage, glad to 'see' you here :)

I know it makes you sad to see a behavior you don't like so much about yourself, but it's very courageous of you to bluntly admit it to yourself. Because when you can do that, when you can be honest about you, you open a whhhhhhhhhooooooole new set of doors. I am glad to see you're doing so well(I know that sounds like a strange thing to say, but that's sure how it looks). Hope to see you around some more.