Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strange Day - but good insite
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:11 pm 

I came to this site tonight because I’ve had a hard time these last few weeks dealing with well life. It seem life everyone is pissing my off and I’ve felt like these people have been conspiring against me.

As I glanced at the tool bar on the left of main screen, it just started to make sense that the only person working against me has been me. Wow - have I been taking things person and forecasting, mind reading, and not separating stuff (by taking responsibility for everyone’s feelings. Just worrying what everyone was thinking of me and allowing my assumptions (mind reading) to figure out their opinions and thereby completely ruin my day. I guess the bad day I was having has really been a good wake-up call for me. I guess it’s just easier to see other people making these ill-advised choices then see it when I’m doing it to myself.

Strange day.

Post subject: Re: Strange Day - but good insite
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:11 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Really cool post Anchorage. Great insight! :D

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:29 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I love reading things like this. Those a-ha moments from a person make all of *this* worthwhile.

I'm proud of you, Anchorage! As strange as it feels, you're on the right track and things will get easier from here. (That doesn't mean it will all be smooth sailing; no switch has been flipped; you've just set the stage for things to start playing out differently when you remember the new script.)

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:56 pm 

That's fantastic. :thumbsup It's so simple yet can be so hard to get your head around. Good for you.

"All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming." - Helen Keller

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:38 am 

inspiring ...

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:24 pm 

Thanks all for your responses. My hope is this will be a lasting reminder (not every-time of course) that when things go sideways to stop and ask myself how much of the issue is being caused by the way I'm responding to it. I think it good for me to take things one moment at a time.
Have a good day all :)

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:09 pm 

Anchorage wrote:
Thanks all for your responses. My hope is this will be a lasting reminder (not every-time of course) that when things go sideways to stop and ask myself how much of the issue is being caused by the way I'm responding to it. I think it good for me to take things one moment at a time.
Have a good day all :)

I had the same sort of insight about 2 months ago. For my whole life I'd be the victim and it was always other peoples fault. The worst part was I honestly didn't see it.

I wish there was a way to show fellow BPDs, but it one of those lessons that must be learnt and not forced. I know if someone had have told me, I wouldn't have understood and would have taken it as an attack.

Great work Anchorage!

PS. I Like your "sideways" terminology, it's much more positive than saying you go backwards. I might use that myself :)

MJ