Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Everything That Is Not Love
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:12 am 

Many years ago I began reading about enlightenment with much interest. I wanted it so badly I could taste it. It has been coming in layers but it sure does hurt. The pain is worth it when you get to the peace on the other side. One thing that was said that really resonated with me was that in one's quest for unconditional love everything that is not love that is inside of you will have to be dealt with.

I am finally allowing myself to hate. I am not wallowing in it or taking joy in it or juicing it. I am simply allowing it to be there and not flagellating myself for being bad. I am finding that as I allow what I thought were negative feelings to surface and just be they are dissipating. I really did not understand what radical acceptance was before. It sounded like a good idea but I kept fighting it because I was judging my feelings to be bad instead of just letting them be and having compassion for my inner child. What a profound relief to allow my inner child to have her feelings and still love her.

I am posting this with the hope that it will help someone else to accept what they really feel even if they have been told that those feelings are bad. Feelings need not be stigmatized. They are healthy and natural. The thing that really counts at the end of the day are your actions or non actions. Thank you to everyone who has acknowledged me or read my posts. It is very comforting to be accepted here.

Post subject: Re: Everything That Is Not Love
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:01 am 
Community Member
Community Member

thanks for sharing. Am reading and digesting what you wrote.

Post subject: Re: Everything That Is Not Love
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:42 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Good job, Renee. You've nailed it.

Nobody ever said radical acceptance didn't involve pain, and needing to sit with difficult, deeply uncomfortable feelings. But when we can do that, and not self-destruct or lash out, we can really begin to process what happened and then to begin to heal.

Keep up the good (hard) work.