Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I feel like I am in crisis with my bpd
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:03 pm 

I feel like I am in great distress with my BPD and I went to DBT a long time ago so I honestly haven't used the coping skills obviously my fault. But I am here in distress and lost paged my psych. she didn't do anything called mental health line but they just gave me general info. on well being. I am so utterly lost. My heart feels like their is a gaping whole in it I have been bouncing between crying and being mean.

Post subject: Re: I feel like I am in crisis with my bpd
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:46 am 

I spoke with friends and utilized some of my DBT tools and eventually pulled myself out of my BPD episode. I am meeting with a new therapist this week and I will be seeing my psych. this week too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:42 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Now is a good time, I think, to reflect back on the episode that you posted about on Saturday - what it was that made you feel like there was a gaping hole in your heart.

What were you feeling? Can you put a specific name to the feeling? Were there a bunch of feelings going on all at the same time?

What prompted it? Was there a triggering event? Was it a cumulative series of events? Was there negative self-talk throughout a period of time that led you up to the feeling of "utterly lost" and in near-panic mode?

Think back - remember the physical feelings that came along with the crisis on Saturday. When have you felt this way before? Were you a child? Is this something you've been dealing with for a long, long time?

I don't expect you to answer anything on the board. If you want to, that's cool but it's not a requirement. I'm just posting possible questions to help you analyze what went askew in the hopes that soon you'll be able to recognize these crisis feelings about to emerge and then be able to use your tools to work through the initial moment of panic before it escalates into a larger crisis phase.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 am 

Ash,

The important thing to consider in your scenario is that you need to take a step back. Some questions you should ask yourself: What happened during DBT that helped/not helped? What coping skills were you scheduled to do post-treatment? Just because the first round of treatment didn't work doesn't mean another format won't. I mention this because all they did was give you general info. Since you are obviously struggling and want to be cured, giving you general info was simply not enough. To
fully grasp if treatment is right for you or not, go through a screening process such as this: http://dbttherapy.com/dbt-group
. I think it is good to consider. Hope this helps and good luck!