Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Radical Acceptance Time
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 am 

My marriage is over. This makes me sad but I accept it.

I live alone. This makes me sad, a little frightened and lonely but I know I can use tools to cope better with it. I accept it and the internal challenges it brings. Time will also help me adjust. I'm ready to be patient.

I have depression and anxiety. I believe I always will to varying degrees but that I can exercise some control over it by facing what I fear and accepting the help of my psychiatrist and other support people. I accept it but I will continue to work toward wellness.

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I accept that and take my medication and will not catastrophize about my future with the disease. Today, I'm well.

I'm responsible for my own happiness. I accept this. This is an area I have a lot of work to do on. I believe when I get a car, it will be easier for me to tackle this. I have a friend in town with advanced osteoarthritis and she's unable to come here to visit me. When I have a car, I'll be able to go visit her. Having my own car will be very liberating. It won't solve all my problems, though. I will have to find new things to bring happiness into my life.

I deserve to be happy. I accept that and let go of the self judgements and see myself as a worthwhile, loveable person.

I will have ups and downs. I accept this as part of the human condition and not necessarily a symptom of any of my illnesses.

My mental illness doesn't make me bad. I accept that. My mental illness is a challenge I face not unlike the challenges people without mental illness have.

I deserve love. I accept that. My brothers and some close friends love me very much for exactly who I am and I love them deeply back. I'm very fortunate. I intend to stay close with them all through messaging and phone calls as all of them live a distance away.

I deserve to forgive myself. I accept that but it's hard to do. I can't make anyone else forgive me for the things I did during my three year depression. I can only control me. I intend to make this a focus so that I can let go of those years and look at the now. I've already made some progress.

I will never be perfect, nor will anyone else. I accept that. I choose to strive to do my best and allow that to be enough.

That's about it for now. I'm glad I joined this forum. It's allowed me to sort through many things and gain deeper insight.

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."

Post subject: Re: Radical Acceptance Time
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:05 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

By Jove!! I think you've got it! You'll be ok.

dagwood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 pm 

Thanks, Dagwood!

It really helped me to write it out and know that I can look back on it when I have a low time. I did some Radical Acceptance work in one of the hospitals I was in during the last three years. I really feel that I've finally made some progress. The forum is helping me a great deal. I'm grateful to you and all the others that have shared their stories and given their support. I still have work to do but I've identified the areas that need work and am ready to better my life.

Thanks again!

Luna

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:29 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Luna,

I'm so glad!!

dagwood