Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Money
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:14 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I realized that I need to be a little more conscious about my recovery tools. They're not so automatic yet, and radical acceptance is one of the hardest. I almost had an anxiety attack today because of money. Collectors are calling. We're on a re-payment plan with the mortgage company. I'm trying to get put on hardship programs with my credit cards. So far, only one company has done it. :( I am frustrated beyond belief. We're making enough money, but we're barely squeaking by so any expenditure can totally set us behind (which happened last month with the mortgage.)

I radically accept that I'm making all the money I can make right now. I'm doing everything possible to stay up with the bills. B. won't apply for sales jobs, therefore he only has one part-time job and has been unable to find anything else.

I am doing things to try and change my circumstances, but they're not guaranteed changes. So all I can do now is radically accept I'm doing my best.

Post subject: Re: Money
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:05 am 

That must be a really difficult and stressful situation, and it sounds like you're doing all you can. I hope the radical acceptance helps. I know this doesn't make it any easier, but it's a perfect opportunity to practise it. (My pdoc always used to joke about that!)

Thinking of you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:23 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Location: Reality ~ It's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!
Money is at the top of my worry list as well! My husband's van broke down so we were going to sell it in order to have some money to put into repairing a car that friends are giving us (we sold it to them years ago and now that they burned out the transmission they offered it back to us for free) and then the van was stolen (most likely to be parted out or used for scrap metal). It seems the more effort I put into getting ahead, the more things that happen to put us deeper into financial stress. I am grateful that it was a vehicle and not one of my daughters that is gone and yet I also wish that we could at least break even financially so there is not this constant stress about money with transportation issues added. I guess we just need to be thankful for what we have and not stress out so much about the things we don't have.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:25 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Thanks, Echoes. Your pdoc is funny! ;)

Denim:

Quote:
It seems the more effort I put into getting ahead, the more things that happen to put us deeper into financial stress.

Ain't that the truth? But I think you're right about being thankful for what we have. I can still pay the bills and am not losing my home nor my vehicles, so I know things could be a lot worse.