Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Life - just 'is'
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:21 pm 

Received news yesterday that my sis-in-law's dad is dx'd with cancer.
Turns out it is already very aggresive, in multiple places and that he is losing co-herence.
This sis-in-law is my bro's wife. My bro is the one who has tended to my dad during his 3 mth bout of cancer. My sis-in-law has been a very stablizing and positive force for my family during this time.

It feels really unfair that bro and his wife get to go thru this all again- already. Exactly 1 mth since my dad's passing that her dad gets dx'd. both dads are the last surviving parent.

Life- just 'is'. No explainations. No reasons. No nothing. it is.
And as the preacher at both my mom and dad's services has said ' what you gonna do about it'.

Learning to live life to its' fullest. huge task. but so vital. no one ever knows when will be there last day.

So.. what are you doing about it ?

What am I doing about it?

Atm, using radical acceptance - it all - life / death - joys / sorrows - unfairness.. just 'is'.

Post subject: Re: Life - just 'is'
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:50 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I'm so sorry that your family is going through all this.
You're right - life just IS.We can make the small changes every day to make the most of what we do have in he moment, but in the end, we only have what we've got. We can waste a lot of moments wondering "why", but I don't think we ever get answers. Fair, not fair? Just IS. So we let go of "why" and we make the best of our time for the moments we do have...

I'm sorry to hear that there's more bad news.
I'm thinking of you and remembering your family in my prayers.

Post subject: Re: Life - just 'is'
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:54 pm 

Thanks, Minx for a bit more perspective.

Ya after an initial phase of being angry - probably because so much came up about my dad - I did have to accept that this 'is' life. My concern really is what am I doing about it? I don't feel I have the drive I should and it is something that has been missing for quite awhile. Haven't yet pieced together what will change that- or actually how I will, but, suppose I have been getting glimpses (and keep thinking I'm gonna stumbel upon the 'big answer' , or at least 'push').. and all of this seems to point toward more R.A..

Life just 'is' , yes, indeed, but what I've always truly related to is- life is queer with its twists and turns (from the poem Dont Quit).