Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here we go again!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:51 pm 

Today I went in to buy phone credit. I could not remember my company. (Typical. I forget a lot of everyday stuff and am extremely sick of people gaffawing and saying "Wha-at?!? You don't know .............. (whichever thing I've forgotten). I ask the guy for a recharge card of a certain value, a low one, which I remember having bought before. I specifically ask for that card as I know no other company sells one that cheap.

The guy says they come at another (higher) price. I say, ok, but did they *used* to come at the lower price? He says, what does it matter, this is the price they come at now? By now my blood is starting to boil. I'm already feeling defensive because I'm anticipating a negative reaction to my forgetfulness, and now he's starting to ask me idiotic questions. I ask the woman next to me whether what I'm saying makes sense. She smiles and says it does. I say to no one in particular that it's because he's a man that he can't understand.

He gets visibly agitated and wants to argue his position but can't as he's the salesperson. This imbalance of power is exciting for me and it takes EVERY SINGLE OUNCE of self-control I can muster not to throw every derogatory word and phrase in the English language at the stupid SOB (yes, I'm aware that this term is contradictory but I have my own reasons for using it). I hated him for being male, and I hated him for being him. Stupid, irritating, self-righteous, power-tripping, argumentative, arsehole him.

I remind myself that if I behave in an unacceptable way I'll be holding myself publicly accountable here, and I won't feel good if I have to write about my transgressions where the community leaders and others can read it. I'll feel bad about myself, and guilty for wasting their time.

I said thank you. I said goodbye.

I bought the wrong f***ing card and have to return it.

Post subject: Re: Here we go again!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:25 pm 

Good for you for winning that battle. You chose not to respond in a negative or inflammatory way in public even though you really wanted to. So, I say kudos to you.

smiles,

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:47 pm 

thank you. xox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:43 am 

I have terrible memory issues too which aggravate, and sometimes even scare the h---out of me. I know this anger you are talking about. Sometimes it seems to escalate so rapidly, usually there is some unrelated trigger though that I can find if I examine it. Sales people are often already stressed out, and when you need something they just seem to get in the way of the answer sometimes, and sometimes it seems purposeful because it is the only power they have in their day I suppose.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:59 pm 

They refused exchange. I was so angry, but I just calmly said "This is very disappointing".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:50 pm 

I had a sorta similar experience with a person on the phone regarding an online couse I wanted to take. The course info was not listed correctly and the design of the site was not good at all...and I was finding more and more stuff incorrect with the site. When I called she said, oh nobody EVER has had a problem. Apparently she is a mindreader, or seer, or..I was the only one registered, probable because I needed to make two calls to do it. My point is, did I really want to take an online couse with an organization that cannot even organize their information correctly? No. So after some strained words I said to the person on the phone, ya know I am angry and I think I should hang up because it's just not going to be productive talking to you. Five years ago I would have been looking for a telehone lady voodoo doll. ( I just have to practice this with my husband and maybe things will really look up.)