Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Twist
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:17 pm 

I would really like to know how to undo the Twist. I twist off , that's what I call it, way too much. I look forward to reading about the tools and hope I can find something to help me change my life and my thougth process. Hate it. On the outside, I'm professional at work, I appear to have it all together, but inside I know all to well and so does anyone who is really close to me that I have never had it together and push away anyone that has ever tried to get close by my destructive behaviors and how I treat other people. Just looking to better myself and to un...the twist.

Post subject: Re: The Twist
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 am 
Community Member
Community Member

It's taken me years to "untwist".....I wish I'd had this board back in the 70's when I first reached a crisis point. I've found it's necessary for me to be constantly aware of my behavior and thoughts. I've just had to "slow down" my thought processes to make sure I'm really "seeing" the situation as it really is....as in the past I'd react and then realize things were not as I thought they were. I've come to accept that the recovery process is constant and forever....for me, anyway. I haven't had any therapy for many years, but coming here has helped tremendously.

dagwood