Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: dont know
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:11 pm 

how do i untwist my thinking when i dont know im twisting it. if my husband or any one points it out i see.i want to know what is write in my thoughts. i have been reading my husbands book stop walking on eggshells, it is good for me in a way cause i read what non bpd go though and i know im doing to dave its making me understand how he feels but i still mess up and cant stop.when i try to say sorry for things that iv realised iv done he will not ecept it cause he knows ill do it again. when i tell himim changing and realising that im wrong he tells me im not. i told him to night that we would be ok meaning cause i belive it and want it to work, he just looked at me so sad and asked how i know he looked like he was going to cry i just wanted to cry and hug him i feel he dosent love me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:33 pm 

He DOES love you, otherwise he wouldn't be with you. That is something I have a hard time accepting too.

To untwist your thinking..... or rather, to realize you are twisting it in the first place, I would suggest just asking yourself how rational it is, and if there is even a possibility its irrational, then start working your way through the ten steps.

If you can't really distinguish between whats rational and what may be irrational, then just work through the ten steps for any thought that invokes extreme (bad) emotions in you.

I am pretty new at this, so I hope that helped a little bit....

Good Luck!

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:36 pm 

feeling very alone at the mo your replie made me happy was just waiting to see if any one replied

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:42 pm 

I completely understand your feelings of aloneness.

It makes me glad that on a day like today, when I am feeling GOOD, I can make someone else feel a little better.

Thats what this place is about! People with BPD helping OTHER people with BPD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:55 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Well, if you aren't sure if you're thinking is twisted or not, you can still look at The Ten Ways To Untwist Your Thinking and The Ten Forms of Twisted Thinking. Those can help not just in dealing with twisted thinking, but in figuring out if one's thinking is twisted.

As for knowing that twisted thinking is something to consider, I find that when I'm feeling like I'm in turmoil is a good time to consider the possibility of twisted thinking... a time when twisted thinking is a distinct possibility.