Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finally figured it out!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:03 pm 

Took a month to figure out what was causing me so much anxiety.

But I've figured it out! I'm repeating an "escape" theme that has happened this time of year for 13 years now, but I'm breaking the cycle!

By looking at what has changed, I can let go of a lot of the fear I usually have.

"’Tis not too late to seek a newer world. Push off, and sitting well in order smite The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths Of all the western stars until I die... Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’ We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." Tennyson - Ulysses

Post subject: Re: Finally figured it out!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:21 pm 

YAY- Good Job!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:49 am 

Thank you! I was pretty excited! Wish that lead to untwisting the whole thing though.... At least, now that I know what it is, I can challenge it :)

"’Tis not too late to seek a newer world. Push off, and sitting well in order smite The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths Of all the western stars until I die... Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’ We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." Tennyson - Ulysses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:26 pm 

That's fantastic! I always find it so liberating when I am able to get those little keys to understanding what locks me into certain patterns. It sounds like you have been working at it for awhile trying to figure it out...a month. Fabulous. Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:45 pm 

Thanks Amharra,

It's awesome when you have those moments of personal truth!

It gets even better though; I realised that I'm in the "victim" cycle, and went back to my affirmations to strive for independence. I've never been happier than when I've felt independent and in control of my life.

Very exciting stuff! :)