Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ok – I sent the letter.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:12 pm 

I think I’m OK with it. In some ways I made an assumption about why it ended, but the bits and pieces of evidence were enough for me to draw that conclusion. Also, I admit I was just not ready to face her and hear what I know is the truth. Yes, I was too scarred but I will work on my fears some other time, I just needed to find the right way to end this and be ok with it. I had spent too much time and energy into figuring out the why. Anyway, I think it’s a good letter and it brings this to any end. You tell me.

XXXX,
I realized this morning that if you had anything you needed from me you would have let me know, so I guess we don’t need to talk. I struggled as to why things ended so fast, no room for compromise or understanding. It was like turning off a light switch, just done.
To be honest, I think I’ve known from the first day. It’s funny what your mind will do if you give it space to grasp at answers without all the facts. I would have really liked to see where you are and to share all I’ve learned over the last month. But we are not on the same page and asking you to further clarify your reasons is in no one’s best interest. What’s important to me is accepting that there is no right and there is no wrong it’s just what it is.
But there is good in almost anything, if you look at it right.
So, in no particular order:
1) The time we shared. I really enjoyed our time together and I have a lot of fond memories, I’ll think of you now and them.
2) Your friends and family. You have a great group of friends and a wonderful family it was truly a pleasure getting to know them and sharing good times.
3) I spent a lot of time working on me, looking at the things I’ve done wrong in relationships and my life, and the list is substantial. It’s always good to grow.
4) I lost about 15 pounds. So I’m no longer fat – lol.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Maybe someday we will find a way to be friends and look back at this and have a good laugh. Not today, but just maybe someday.
Lastly, I think you’re a terrific person, I know you will find that which makes you happy, and I truly wish you all the best with everything,

XXXX :),
The disk has some pictures of your friends and family that I thought you might like to have, and if you would have someone drop off my sander and rain jacket (they are in the garage), on my porch I would really appreciate it, thank you. (This is just my just of way of cleaning things up so I can move on, it’s not personal).

Post subject: Re: Ok – I sent the letter.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:17 pm 

Does anyone else do this stuff? I wrote this letter, well, because I had things to say, and I just wasn't ready to talk. LOL - why could I have just said that? I waited a day, I went through the 5 steps, I know I wasn't ready to talk, but I just couldn't get the assumptions out of my head and I wanted it to stop.
I'm OK with what I've done; it was the best I had at that time. But I would like to learn how to get my head clear before I make bone head moves.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:41 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Anchorage wrote:
Does anyone else do this stuff?

Do what stuff? I don't get the question; I don't know what stuff you mean.

Writing a letter because I've something to say, but I'm not ready to talk, that I've done. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:16 pm 

I didn't say I wasn't ready to talk, I just said goodbye maybe we can be friends someday. I made assumptions because I was too scarred to see what the facts were.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:04 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Anchorage wrote:
I didn't say I wasn't ready to talk, I just said goodbye maybe we can be friends someday. I made assumptions because I was too scarred to see what the facts were.

Is this supposed to be a reply to me? If so, I'm not following how it follows my post.

If you mean you didn't say to her that you weren't ready to talk, well, I didn't say you did. I didn't even say you said it at all, though you did say it here in this thread. And, not being sure what "stuff" you meant (and you still haven't clarified), I shared one thing I've done that similar to one of the things you posted here in this thread.