Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Doing Great
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:46 pm 

I was sitting here today and suddenly got to thinking about some of the folks that I used to know here @ BPDR. I see that Denim Blue, Wondering and few other familiar names popped up. Guess, I'm just wondering how you're all doing these days? You may remember me as Amanda or Speedqueen71 when I first signed up many moons ago. (Can't get into those accounts now.)

As for me, life couldn't be better. Glad to say that long gone are the days filled with drama and chaos. I'm off all medication and am as calm as a cucumber most of the time. Still have the normal "ups & downs" of day to day living but I seem to handle whatever life tosses at me with relative ease. Nothing much fazes me these days. My kids are growing up fast, too fast and I'm handling the challenges of having teenage kids fairly well. My marriage is getting stronger and better by the day.

I can't attribute all of my growth to BPDR and the tools, but I did want to acknowledge that they were helpful and useful as "part" of my healing journey. It's funny how you look back one day at tools and people and a place that at times caused so much frustration and annoyance and see the positives and the good that came out of it.

Cheers to BPDR & the team. Would love to hear how everybody is doing. PM or here.

Amanda

Post subject: Re: Doing Great
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:02 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

I used to be Mystery Road. Switched to a user name based on my real name.

I'm on one message board that has an absolute rule against starting a 2nd account (even if you don't use the old one), and only does name changes in extreme circumstances. I'm glad this board isn't like that.

I'm doing good. Came to some helpful realization in the one relationship that was troublesome, and that's been very good.

Glad you are doing well. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:00 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Amanda! Glad to hear you are doing well. We didn't know each other well, but we've spoken a time or two. I remember you posting while you were trying to quit smoking; I'm very happy for you that it worked!

Life is good for me right now. I'm happy and healthy (mostly; I have some auto-immune things going on, but they are being managed) nowadays and excited about the future.

Glad to know you still check in here every now and again; good to hear from you.

Harmonium

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:01 pm 

I do remember both of you from when I was regularly posting here. Good to hear that you're both doing well. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Location: Reality ~ It's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!
I have not logged in recently so I missed this when you posted. Girl Scout cookie sales began February 26th and go through March 14th so I am taking this time to focus on helping my daughter reach her goal of selling 2000 boxes so she can go to two weeks of horse camp this summer. I am taking a break from therapy until cookie sales are over.