Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Success!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Location: Reality ~ It's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!
My Girl Scout troop wrapped up cookie sales this weekend and as a troop we sold 3750 boxes of cookies. My daughter sold 2200 boxes, which exceeded her official goal of 1800 by 400 boxes and her unofficial goal of 2000 by 200 boxes. She has earned the $950 in "cookie dough" to pay for a two week horse camp program and she earned another week of horse camp on financial assistance so she will be able to attend 3 weeks of camp this summer at no cost to me (except for the time I spent selling cookies with her). She sold 480 boxes of cookies door to door over two weekends and then she did 52 site sales at stores for a total of 104 hours of site sales in just two full weeks with three weekends. Cookie sales has taken a large portion of our waking hours each day for her to meet her goal but I am so proud of her for doing what it takes to meet such a high goal and she is poud of herself. At her age I would have never believed it possible to sell over 2000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies but she thought she could do it and she did. She certainly has courage, confidence and character!

It has been so amazing to watch my daughter sell cookies because she has excellent people skills. I gave her some pointers to follow and she really learned how to be successful dealing with customers. She gets so many compliments about what a good job she does because we have a professional looking display and she has professional retail skills. Customers were surprised that she is only 9 years old because of how well she does performing business skills that not all adults have mastered. Having so much positive feedback has really energized her and kept her smiling the entire time. I stood there smiling along with her but I admit that I lack her energy and enthusiasm. I am glad it is over while she is already thinking about next year!

The other girls in my troop did well also and nearly every girl met her individual goal. The second highest seller in my troop sold 400 boxes of cookies with most of the girls selling 300 boxes. I was even able to help one girl who lacks parent support sell 100 boxes at site sales by being her adult and having another parent as a second adult so we could have three girls covering two doors on several occasions. On average we sold 34.5 boxes per girl per site sale.

Our troop earns $.70 per box of cookies sold so we earned $2625 this year. The troop is fully self-supporting so parents don't pay anything, which gives the girls the opportunity to determine how they want to spend their money. We will be having a celebration of our success at our meeting this week and talking about some activities we would like to do with the money we earned. The girls want to go horseback riding, which costs $30 per person, and they want to do an overnight at the zoo, which costs $45 per person.

Post subject: Re: Success!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:27 am 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wow, Denim, how wonderful for both you and your daughter!! I wouldn't have thought it possible to sell more than 2000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies-- your daughter sounds like a smart girl with a promising future! :)

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra