Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: acceptance of the day and of reality
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:50 pm 

Quote:
People often misunderstand "acceptance" in a meditative context. It doesn't mean passive resignation. What radical acceptance means is acknowledging the way things are is the way they are. You don't have to like it, but you're not in denial about it. It means not running from any part of the experience. You open to it, bringing awareness to your pain or whatever is in front of you. - John Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D.

Quote:
The radical acceptance of everything brings a new possibility of trust, a feeling of greater wholeness. We are no longer guardians of the gate, watching to allow in some experiences and exclude others. Instead, we are holders of the open space that includes whatever wants to come. We are not afraid of what comes. We know that there are no enemies in the inner world. The spirit is one of inclusion, not exclusion. The attitude is one of welcome. -
Ann Weiser Cornell

-- this is what I must remember daily.

Post subject: Re: acceptance of the day and of reality
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:51 pm 

Feeling closed off, scared, distrustful currently- this is what I need to remember.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 pm 

along the same line, this is something i'd like to share, that i try to read once a day (it's on my fridge) and it makes me feel a little stronger, even at my lowest.

Do not pursue the past.
Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is.
The future has not yet come.

Looking deeply at life as it is in the very here and now,
the practitioner dwells in stability and freedom.

We must be diligent today.
To wait until tomorrow is too late.

-buddha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 pm 

I love that snowshine! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

I somehow missed this post before.....are you doing okay Pip?

Sending you hugs*

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:23 pm 

Thanks H. Doing okay. Going back to therapy on Wednesday. Massive change coming my way and I did the therapy hiatus for a few months now. But, I have this feeling that I can't quite tell ... how I"m doing. Since I know I can't look to my emotions to tell me how I"m doing (due to the fact that they are so changeable and often have twisted thoughts behind them) then I look at my actions. And my actions have been very mixed lately, so I've decided it is time to re-engage in therapy.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:03 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a good plan! :biggrin

Let us know how it goes if you feel like sharing. And........though I agree that emotions are very mutable and untwisting needs to happen to really get to the heart of it......I dunno......sometimes my emotions can be a guide for me. I suppose what's better for me is actually searching for the root of the emotion (i.e. what set it off) as well as my actions. Sometimes actions are just a tangible aspect of emotion, ya know?The 5 step tool really helps me with that sort of thing.

You may have already posted about this stuff, I'm playing catch-up as I've been unable to be here as of late.

BRING IT ON!! -- personal mantra