Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: is this progress?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:33 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

I think I'm slowly getting some things.

Accepting that not everyone will understand me.
Accepting that not everyone will want to understand me.
Accepting that not everyone is able to accept me JUST AS I AM.

Accepting that those who give to me, give what they KNOW how to give, and ARE ABLE to give.
Accepting that there are those who care for me, but are unable or do not know how to give.
Accepting that there are also those who choose not to give, and that's perfectly okay.
Accepting that there are those who have misunderstood me, think that I intentionally want to hurt them; it hurts me deeply to know this, yet, it's okay because I need to be true to who I am FIRST before I can progress further.
Accepting that there are those who think I'm just pathetic, but don't know the real battles I struggle with; yet it's okay. Because this battle is mine and not theirs. As long as I keep taking little steps in fighting the battles, I am making progress even if I may seem 'stubborn' to others.

At the same time
Accepting that I am who I am, even when at my worst. Accepting that my self-worth is not based on the better person that I'm supposed to be or can be, but my self-worth is already here - in who I am even NOW.
Accepting where I am now, as much as I don't like to face the reality of it.
Accepting that who I am and where I am now - not everyone will be able to accept that, and it's okay with me, because what others think of me doesn't matter.

Boy, this is hard work (especially getting through the intense and overwhelming emotions)!

Post subject: Re: is this progress?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:23 pm 

Wow. What a clear, accessible, down-to-earth set of goals/affirmations!

Reading some of them I rebel, "everyone SHOULD be able to and want to understand me and give!"

or, "how can I accept myself NOW when I'm not anywhere close to being the sort of person I want to be?"

But, I guess that's where the word "acceptance" gets its meaning, eh?

Be wild: accept it as it is, for its a bewilderness out there!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:31 pm 

Also, is it OK if I copy those statements into my journal or even make a poster of them and put them on my wall for personal use? I'm in the process of decorating and I'm on the lookout for this kind of stuff. Its rare that I come across a set of realistic/positive statements that I don't immediately dismiss as cheesy or whatever.

:)

-BeWild

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:06 am 
Community Member
Community Member

bewilderness: go ahead :) feel free to copy it :)

sharing is caring :)

got this after struggling with overwhelming emotions (after a friend unintentionally said some pretty insensitive remarks!)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:42 am 

Nice list :)

I wonder if lot of these can be expanded, too?

-Not everyone will understand me - just like I don't always understand everyone else

-Not everyone will want to understand me - just like I don't always want to understand everyone else

-Not everyone is able to accept me just as I am - the same way I'm not able to perfectly accept everyone else just as they are either

-Etc.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:21 pm 

Just wondering what process you used to come up with these. I'm dealing with some overwhelming (to me, but maybe not to someone else) emotions myself. It's really hard, but its nice to know that there are people out there like you who are able to find the positive even when struggling.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:40 am 
Community Member
Community Member

auspicious: great work! thanks! will expand them later :)

bewilderness:
what process? Hmmm... Hard question to answer. There was no process or step per se, but I was going through very overwhelming emotions which TOTALLY took control of me, and all I did was talk / cry out to God, asking God to help me and give me His perspective... and then these came about... sudden clarity...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:12 pm 

Will people care enough to accept me for who I am BPD & all? I look back at all the relationships I messed up, because of all of my "overwhelming emotion/enthusiasm". How much is me....and how much is BPD? Seems like I'm in the same boat as I was in as a teenager. Feel very much the adolescent sometimes.....still.

BTW nice list there mere.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:26 am 
Community Member
Community Member

FitChick wrote:
Will people care enough to accept me for who I am BPD & all? I look back at all the relationships I messed up, because of all of my "overwhelming emotion/enthusiasm". How much is me....and how much is BPD?

I have the same question as you do: Will people care enough to accept me for who I am BPD and all? That's my question too.

But I know that people can't stand my crazy making and irrationalities. But do they accept me for what I'm worth, for what I am?

I don't know...