Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Follow us on Twitter!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:51 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

It turns out that, for some inexplicable reason, someone* "parked" the Twitter account "BPDRecovery" in November 2010 and has not posted a single thing under the account. The usual reason people park or reserve account names is that they expect to be paid to relinquish the account. I find this deplorable and will NOT be pursuing the account.

I created the account "BPD_Recovery" on Twitter but have not yet posted anything under the name. I'm finding it challenging to juggle multiple accounts and I prefer the simplicity of simply being one single presence. I think this also aligns nicely with the Genuine Self concept as well - I am who I am who I am.

That said, if you would like to Follow me on Twitter, the user name to search for is "Ash_Denver" and that that feed will include:

• general musings, of course
  • snarky commentary about life
  • inspirational quotes
  • interesting articles & links, not always necessarily related to Mental Health or BPD
  • the occasional Get Glue update (what I'm watching on TV)

So you will get "the real me" with my irreverant approach to life, my judgments of humanity, my sense of humor, my TV line-up and some really germane quotes & thoughts that relate quite well to recovery from BPD.

I will be closing down and archiving the Inspiration From Twitter thread as these things will now be posted solely to Twitter.

At this point, due to technical system challenges (on my part, #clueless!) there will NOT be any cross-over. That means what gets posted on Twitter will NOT appear on the Facebook page and vice versa. There will be some great stuff hitting Twitter so don't miss out!

*The person who parked the "BPDRecovery" handle is well-known in BPD circles and I was actually quite surprised at her audacity. #ShameOnYou

Post subject: Re: Follow us on Twitter!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:40 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

We need to add a like button to these posts, like on FB. :)

Post subject: Re: Follow us on Twitter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:21 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

I finally managed to regain access to the BPD_Recovery account on Twitter and have been sharing some things through that account. Please feel free to follow whichever account you prefer.