Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi Everyone
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm 

Hello, I'm Mask.

I'm 23, and I'm about to graduate from my university in a few months. I study literature and psychology, but I also enjoy painting and creative writing. I was diagnosed with BPD a few months ago, although I had suspected it when I encountered the disorder in my textbooks a few years ago. I just got out of an abusive relationship of three years. After being isolated for so long, I have found that I could really use some support, and was hoping that this could be a place for it. I have loving and supportive friends in real life, but I think that many of them don't understand BPD, and I'm sometimes afraid to share the severity of my problems. I also live in an area where treatment for BPD is pretty scarce, and would like to learn some coping methods, and perhaps learn a bit more about it. :)

Post subject: Re: Hi Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:14 pm 

Hi Mask,

I'm glad you found your way here. There are "Homework" activities posted in every forum. Not only that, there are people here who can relate to what you're going through. I'm very glad to meet you! Make yourself at home!

Luna

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:11 pm 

Hi Mask ... welcome!

I'm in a situation that presently keeps me more physically isolated than I have ever been ... and I struggle with this ... but I've been able to make "BPD recovery buddies" here, and these relationships are helping me so much to work towards getting well. I hope you will also find here the recovery help and support you are looking for. Again, welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:38 am 

Thanks for the welcomes, you two. :) I'll be sure to check out the homework section.

Also, I'm sorry that you're in a situation that is isolating as well, Hi330n. Loneliness, even if it really has nothing to do with any personal flaw of mine, makes me feel really rejected. :/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Welcome Mask

dagwood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:37 am 

Mask wrote:
Thanks for the welcomes, you two. :) I'll be sure to check out the homework section.

Also, I'm sorry that you're in a situation that is isolating as well, Hi330n. Loneliness, even if it really has nothing to do with any personal flaw of mine, makes me feel really rejected. :/

Mask,
Yes, now that you mention it, the isolation does often 'feel like' rejection ... and yet, rejection is not the reality of what's happening here. I need to remember this, so that I can fight that 'feeling' when it hits, with truth. Thank you for pointing this out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:46 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Mask

welcome onboard :) welcome to our little community of people trying to recover together :)

hope to see you more active in the forums :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:49 am 

Just been doing a lot of reading so far. :) It's a lot to take in.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:08 am 

I'm glad you're reading the board. It really is a lot to take in. All worth it, though.

Luna

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:04 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Mask,
Remember to do recovery ONE STEP AT A TIME. or you'll end up overwhelming yourself :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:52 am 

Thanks for the heads up, Meremortal. I'm trying to take it slow, but sometimes I'm just not sure where to start.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:13 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Mask,

On the Border is a good place

dagwood