Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: high anxiety
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Wednesday afternoon, my boyfriend Mike and I went to a lawyer's office expecting to give depositions about a situation that happened about 5 1/2 years ago in my condominium involving a man named Stuart. While in the waiting room we could hear some commotion coming from, I guess an office. A lawyer came out and told us to wait in another part of the building as his client was losing control. We left the office and went to another part of this two story office building on the floor below, but we could still see what was going on on the floor above...open balcony type design, courtyard. At this point I am so shaken and scared.....I've never in my life felt this frightened....as in fear for my life and that of others. I stayed in an alcove of the floor below while Mike went back up to talk with one of the lawyers involved. While talking with a lawyer, Stuart comes out of another door of the office and just stares daggers at Mike. Mike is facing the lawyer who tells Mike about the glare. Also, we learn that two other people that have been supeoned(sp) have refused to go the law offices, and are insisting this whole thing is done at the courthouse with metal detectors and armed guards. Both Sturart's lawyer and the lawyer of the other man involved know Stuart is mentally ill. So, now we're waiting for word about relocating the depositions to another date.....prolonging the anxiety of all even further. So, that's my story for today. I have hurricane shutters on my back windows and on my screened porch which I may close just to provide me extra protection.....Stuart has been known to have guns, and with his erratic behavior of the past...I just wouldn't put anything past him.

Thanks for reading

dagwood

Post subject: Re: high anxiety
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 am 

((Dagwood))

That sounds absolutely frightening. If closing the shutters will provide you with a feeling of extra safety, maybe you should. Chances are, everything will be alright and you are in no danger... but it sounds like right now, what you need is some comfort.

Some nights I shut and all the windows (despite being on the third floor), and check the lock on the door several times to be comfortable with my ex living one building away from me. Rationally, I'm probably safe regardless, but it does help with the anxiety.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 am 
Community Member
Community Member

((Mask))))

thank you

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:50 am 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

Yikes! This might be a cosmic sign from the universe about your decision to sell the condo!

Please stay safe.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:56 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

LOL,

Yeah, Ash....hadn't thought of it that way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Welll...I'm off to the lawyer's office once again to give a deposition. Wish me luck. The anxiety is pretty bad right now, but I just want to get this over with.

Talk later

dagwood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:50 am 
Community Member
Community Member

We met with the lawyer of the elderly man(Stan) being sued for injuries Stuart(disturbed neighbor) claims to have suffered in the infamous golf cart affair that is part of the infamous orange tree affair. This lawyer represents the insurance company of Stan and wanted to know what I knew about this alledged altercation that took place not far away from my screen porch. I told him what I saw, and it seems that I am the only one that saw it.

The next stage may be a hearing or testimony with a judge. Stan's lawyer will be able to question Stuart, but as I am the only witness it looks like I will have to take the stand and testify. Well.....this is not something I'm looking forward to, but guess I'll have to see if it comes to that.
anyway, thanks for reading.

dagwood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:06 pm 

Think about buying some pepper spray from a reliable source. It might give you some peace of mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:04 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Martha,

thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 am 

Blah, I'm so sorry you had to be involved in this mess! :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 pm 
Community Member