Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking to find a positive group!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:23 pm 

Hey all,

My name is Melody, I'm 35 and a mom of five. Right now I'm a stay at home mom after leaving my job due to my mental health issues.

I was diagnosed at 14 with BPD, but that didn't send me anywhere. I was diagnosed but no one helped me with it. My psychiatrist simply told me I had BPD and didn't offer any help or direction.

Fast forward 18 years, three pregnancies, many (many, many, many) relationships, four kids and a gazillion depressive episodes, I was in a stable relationship, had gained a step daughter and was working as a supervisor for an Editing Department. Things were going well. Then, everything just fell apart. I can't pinpoint exactly when it all began, but 2011 was not a good year.

I ended up having a breakdown (or whatever you want to call it), I left my job and have been trying to recover since July of 2011. I was re-diagnosed with BPD by a psychiatrist and have been part of a BPD Self Regulation Clinic since November.

I am not on medication at the moment and, although I have seen improvement, I am struggling with my depression currently.

I'm hoping to find some positivity in this group that will help me move forward. I feel so stuck. Like nothing is ever going to change.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Melody

Post subject: Re: Looking to find a positive group!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:00 pm 

Hello
Was reading your post and saw a few similarities... I was hospitalized in the military, spent about two weeks there till they thought I was safe enough... They put me on a bus and waved good by, it's been a tough 10 years... I'm just now trying to get a grip on everything... I realized one day that everybody else doesn't think about killing themselves everyday... Even if only in quick passing back voices... Don't really have any friends right now, I don't have anyone to really talk to. But haveing to deal with the whole bpd aspect... I wouldn't talk to them anyway. But somebody to understand would b nice. Kinda hoping the anonymity of the web helps, and I can't seem to sleep more that 2-3 hours at a time, I'm always up for conversation...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:27 am 

Hi Melody! I believe we already met in a previous thread, but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 pm 

Hello melody. Welcome :). I'm also new here and so far I feel like a family here, where nobody judges me and actually understand what I go through. I hope you find it the same!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 am 
Community Member
Community Member

hey hey melody

welcome onboard :)