Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drinking Binge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:28 pm 

I had an argument with my boyfriend yesterday. Some of my friends showed up a few hours later, to pregame before trivia at the bar, and they brought whiskey.

I wasn't planning on drinking because I know I have a tendency to binge when negative things are happening in my life, but when I was surprised with free alcohol, I found myself taking one shot right after the other on an empty stomach.

I made it to bed at the end of the night okay... and then woke up mid-vomit. The most concerning thing (this may be a little TMI) is that there was a lot of dark coffee-ground like stuff... which I've read is dry blood.

Now, not only did I spend all day cleaning up my own mess, I feel horrible. I made things worse with my boyfriend by calling him and crying late at night. I don't know what is going to happen with us, and now I'm very worried about my health.

Post subject: Re: Drinking Binge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 pm 

Oh Mask! {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

You're not alone; I did this on New Year's Eve after some terrible messages from my partners ex. I binged and passed out, it was pretty awful :(

You can't dwell on what you did or didn't do that night.

By all means, go to a doctor and get checked if you have concerns for your health.

Don't assume anything about your health or your relationship.

Have you tried talking to your boyfriend since?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 pm 

Not yet. We both were busy at kind of opposite times today... and when he texted me back saying he was free to talk, I had fallen asleep. x.x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:08 pm 

How are you feeling now?

I hope you're not beating yourself up over this anymore - I am trying to remember when I make a mistake that I'm only human and I'm not going to get it right 100% of the time. I may Do or say bad things without thinking but it doesn't make me a bad person :) just like it doesn't make you a bad person!

Hang in there and big hugs. Let me know how it goes x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 pm 

After playing phone tag for a while, we finally got the chance to talk... and it seems like we've got everything back together.

As for my health, well, I didn't go to the doctor's today like I should have... My fear of the doctor's office is really getting out of hand.

On the positive side, I started listening to an audio book on The Four Agreements. I'm finding it to be a helpful perspective so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Mask,

Are you still living with your parents....and are they aware of what happened?

I can't tell you how many times this happened to me after over inbibing....are you doing this often? Hope you're not planning on drinking for a long time....give your body a chance to recuperate.

Are you having any luck in finding a therapist or a job?

dagwood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 pm 

I'm still living with my parents, still unemployed, and still not in therapy. :( When I say it that way, I feel really awful about myself.

I got a job with a temp agency before Christmas, so I'm -technically- employed, but there had been several times where I would call them, speak directly to someone, and then they would treat me like I never called! I would call in, saying I was sick and wanted to come in on an alternate day, and they would call back the next morning asking me why I skipped the appointment. After a manager had spoken directly to me.

Or, I would call and set up an appointment, call to double check, and they would insist that I never called and set anything up, and then try to meet with me a week later... and still no work through them, a whole month in. :/ So I've been looking at local ads again, trying to find something else...

I emailed my mom about what happened, and she said that she would take me to the doctor's if I don't feel comfortable driving.

Over-imbibing is something that I have done several times over the past few years... I'm aware of it and try to keep it in check. The last time I drank to such an excess was some point this past summer. I don't really drink very often for a young adult, maybe once every week or two, it's just that I have a hard time stopping myself... particularly when the opportunity was sprung on me, and I didn't have the time to mentally prepare myself/put up boundaries and say "You're in a really bad mood, and you need to be sure to take it slow tonight, or you will regret it."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

Sounds like the temp agency doesn't have very good lines of communication with their clients. I used to work for Kelly Girls....don't know whether they exist any more.

Yep, that spur of the moment kind of thing...you get "pumped up" a bit anticipating a good time and then POW!!...you end up feeling awful. I'm wincing thinking about how you must feel. Have you been able to eat anything yet....I realize this might a silly question....but just some milk maybe to soothe the discomfort a bit.

dagwood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 pm 

I have been keeping food down alright, but I do feel a bit sick to my stomach still.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:00 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Mask,

Feeling better?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:20 am 

Yes, much better. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:17 pm 
Community Member