Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello Again
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:41 am 

I was just poodling through my inbox and I saw my old BPDRecovery folder and thought I might try hanging out a bit here. I've been struggling along with my health - a year ago I was diagnosed with anaemia and low calcium and vit. D - then I had loads of tests for getting to the bottom of some symptoms that I'd mistakenly thought were related to my struggle with my thyroid. After being quite terrified by some supposed diagnosis, they couldn't find anything wrong except that my hormones were wonky - I'd started having almost non-stop menstruation and migraines were becoming a weekly then almost daily struggle.

I'm a few months into the first treatment options and have a couple more months to see if it has worked. I've had quite a few crisis things happen and the treatment service I use has lost most of the staff I knew and the hours are cut - it's not the support it was. My BPD symptoms just seem writ large again - I know that some of the depression and mood swings are physiological (I'm still anaemic) but I'm finding it really difficult feeling that I'm back on the BPD rollercoaster. I am working with a Cognitive Analytic Therapist (privately paid for) and have a supportive partner and some friends. But even though I do more positive stuff or anytime I seem to cope with a mood or get my head round something, I'm not getting a break of having a few good days before the next challenge - or stuff to elevate my mood or calm me doesn't seem to work. I have been put on some more medication - but at the moment I'm not sure if it's helping or feeding into my struggle of feeling agitated, exhausted or depressed.

I've just started doing some thinking untwisting with my David Burns book, I'm trying to do mindfulness exercises - but I'm feeling pretty stuck.

Post subject: Re: Hello Again
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:35 am 

hello lisacx,

I wonder is 'getting stuck' part of the road to recovery.....because I recognise that place too.

When it happens to me I struggle till I find a way to get the engines moving again.
I wonder too is it just part of our subconscious unmangling of all the difficult stuff and our bodies just slow down a bit while it is going on. Whatever it is, it sounds like you are trying to find a way through it...so well done to you.

Listen to yourself and take care of yourself....you will find your way onwards again.

smithan