Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ahh back again... :)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:27 am 

Hey all,

It's been a long time, but due to some very positive encouragement from a good friend (thanks again, hun) I've decided to come back and really take this bull by the horns and I'm hoping to use bpdrecovery as a support and maybe stop draining the life out of my friends/family. I know they need a break. Oh and I used to be betrue, but I feel like I'm in a different place in life now, so I felt a name change was in order. Not that it's honestly much better a place to be in than I was before, but hopefully there's hope, as I've taken to thinking.

I guess it's been about a year since I've been on the site.. Since then I broke up with my fiancee, started dating someone else and (surprise!) still have the same issues, went on disability, got diagnosed with bipolar, took a truly stunning amount of lithium for eight months, got an "oops" and rediagnosed with bpd along with yet another med change, quit my job (in engineering), started a new job in my field (social services) and through the new job was confronted with all of my problems on a platter through my clients. Then I finally called a program that offers DBT although to be quite frank, I have very little hope left.

I found that the last time I used the site, as great as it is, I used it more to vent my issues. I DO need to do that sometimes, I think we all do, but I want to be more productive in healing this time, and really working at getting better, if that is even possible for me. Regardless, I'm happy to be back! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:28 pm 
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'll try and keep pointing you to using the tools if I see you venting without hope.

Welcome back!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:10 pm 

Hey girly welcome back! :)

Good to see you again! :yellowave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:37 pm 

Thanks Kari, I'd appreciate that, I'd like to start working on stopping the spiral because I'm getting very good at anticipating it.

Hey Bogs, thanks again!! :)