Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to post... ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:56 am 

I have a couple of topics I'd like to get some suggestions from members about but can't figure out where to post them. I mean, I'm new here and the titles of the separate forums are in BPDR lingo and I feel I would have to know the culture here before knowing which aspect of recovery applies to my question.

For example, where does a conversation about living in a marriage with a husband who himself has two mental illness diagnoses go? Is it about Radical Acceptance? Is it about Untwisting? Is it about of the Steps? Or the Agreements? Or what? I don't know enough yet about any of these topics to figure it out. Could there be some other topics added with layman titles, like, "For Better Or Worse" (marital concerns), "Family Matters" (for family life concerns), "On The Job" (work related concerns), "Losing It" (reaching out for help during a crisis), etc.?

Thanks
Lea

"They denounce me as mad. But, is it mad to take the beak of a penguin and grind it into a powder and mix it with a chocolate phosphate? Is is mad to take the inner pieces of a concertina and sautee it with an artichoke? Is it mad to squeeze all the juice out of a venetian blind and mix it with parts of the San Bernadino freeway? Is that mad? A little goofy maybe... but not mad. Why am I so misunderstood?
-- Harvey Korman as Dr. Jekyll, The Carol Burnett Show

Post subject: Oops!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:07 am 

Disregard that last question... I found what I was looking for at "Seasons Passes". Gotta' say, I don't get the reference of the title... sounded like a place to go talk about Seasonal Affective Disorder to me, so I just passed over it!

What exactly is the title referring to anyway?

Thanks,
Lea

"They denounce me as mad. But, is it mad to take the beak of a penguin and grind it into a powder and mix it with a chocolate phosphate? Is is mad to take the inner pieces of a concertina and sautee it with an artichoke? Is it mad to squeeze all the juice out of a venetian blind and mix it with parts of the San Bernadino freeway? Is that mad? A little goofy maybe... but not mad. Why am I so misunderstood?

Post subject: Re: Where to post... ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:06 am 
Community Member
Community Member

I know it's supposed to allude to long term relationships lasting through time, but I'm not sure why that particular label. I never much thought about it before, but I don't get why it's "Season passes" -- I would expect a plural label -- Seasons.

When in doubt, post in "On the Border". It's the generic mental health forum. I guess we've been doing pretty good at posting in other categories since it's been really slow there, but it really is okay, if you aren't sure, to just post in "On the Border". Anything mental health oriented is okay there, even if it would fit better in another section.

Post subject: Re: Where to post... ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:05 am 

Thanks!

Lea