Home  •  FAQ  •   Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Does anyone actually post here much?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:03 am 

There seem to be a huge amount of people joining regularly but it's not actually all that active on here... there's thread not that far down in sections that are years old. Meaning hardly anyone actually has posted anything since then.

:|

Post subject: Re: Does anyone actually post here much?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:08 am 
Community Member
Community Member

Hey Storme,

There are people here....just not all the time. I come in frequently throughout the day, so maybe we can chat. I've been coming here for a long time, and I've gotten a lot of help.

dagwood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:04 am 

Hi Storme,
Yes, people are here ... I presently come by at least once a day and read, and post when I have something to share.

Welcome to the forum!
:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:10 am 

Hi Storme,

It can be slow at times but there are some regulars here. We do the best we can to give support. I know I've received a lot of support here. Keep posting.

Luna

"I'm loved. I can't forget that or take it for granted. I'm going to be here and be taking advantage of every resource that I can find in Brampton. I WILL heal. The pain will subside. I have a future full of possibilities. I just have to fight tooth and nail to make it there."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:06 am 

You'll find a lot of people come and go here. I myself do that quite often though I do tend to lurk and read what everyone is posting. You're at the same stage I was about 10 months ago. Right now you've discovered that you likely have BPD and you are passionate about getting help as soon as possible. When I found this place I was hoping for a lot of activity myself, and was a bit discouraged when I realized how slow it was here. Unfortunately it's the nature of things, but this is the most active BPD board you will find on the internet.

Be careful not to get your expectations set too high. Recovering from (or rather learning to live with) BPD can take a very long time and it can be a very rocky road. Hell if you look at my posts from when I first joined you will see just how rocky everything got. The people here are truly compassionate and caring though. And while you may not get immediate answers if you ever need someone to talk with there are a bunch of people who would jump at the opportunity to be a sympathetic ear.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:52 pm 
Senior Community Leader
Senior Community Leader

BPDR has been quite active in the past. I'm afraid I've sliipped quite a bit in attendance due to real-life issues. I'm trying my darndest to get in here on a regular basis. I also usually feel like dog crap if I can only post "Hey, how's it going?" when I really want to dive into a topic and spend three hours composing a heartfelt reply to someone but I suppose sometimes folks would be grateful for the "Hey, how's it going" in lieu of nothingness. So here I be!

Let's ALL work on making BPDR more active!

(Oh, and no worries about dredging up old threads. It happens from time to time, especially when someone uses the Search function to pull up threads with specific key words.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:57 pm 
Community Member
Community Member

hey storme

welcome here ;)
it may be a bit slow or not as active as you would want the board to be, but there ARE people around. I'm one of them. I come in here at least 3-4 times a week or whenever i'm online. Sometimes i don't post when i have nothing to offer to others though.

you're most welcomed to work out your recovery here with us :) welcome onboard :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:57 am 

I have a bad habit of falling off the face of the Earth for a while in pretty much an social relationship, but I do tend to be online a lot, and I'm trying to be active rather than lurky.